Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! CC Company won't release payoff

tag
oldschool
Valued Member

Help! CC Company won't release payoff

I am so frustrated and I am not sure how to proceed, I am seriously thinking about contacting the Attorney General and filing a complaint.

I'll try to make this as short as possible. I had a judgement against me for a cc debt from 2003, I filed BK in 2004. I recently went to refinance my home and discovered the judgement was still there even after listing the original creditor and the attorney who filed. After researching and speaking with the attorney I found found out to get the judgement released you have to file a seperate motion after filing BK, if you don't the judgement remains. Which means the creditor cannot persue you for the money, however if you do refinance no mortgage company will give you a loan until it is eaither released or satisfied.

That is what leads me to this problem, I agree to pay the judgement so I can go through with the refinance. On December 27, the title company contacts the cc company and receives a fax number to send the request, they are informed it will take upto 48 hours. They contact the cc company again on January 2, they say they never received it, and the first fax number is wrong so they give them a second fax number. They call January 8, they say they never received it and give them a third fax number!

It seems like they are playing games, does anyone have any suggestions, or do I file a complaint with the Attorney General and/or any other entity?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help! CC Company won't release payoff

If the title company faxed the document, they should have a hard copy fax confirmation that it went through. Most companies are sticklers about keeping and filing that kind of back up for this exact reason.

Why don't you call them up and get a copy of the fax confirmation, and then YOU fax that fax confirmation to the people to prove it was sent and they received it?

Just a thought. Good luck to you. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 6
oldschool
Valued Member

Yeah, I did that as well, they told me the confirmation doesn't mean anything Smiley Mad. Figure that one out?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Speaking of confirmation #'s.  The day after Thanksgiving I paid my auto insurance and got my confirmation #, the following Monday when it didn't post (I am a creature of habit so I know it should have posted by then) I called them back and gave them the confirmation #.  They told me that confirmation # was no good and there was no record of my payment.  Go figure.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@oldschool wrote:
Yeah, I did that as well, they told me the confirmation doesn't mean anything Smiley Mad. Figure that one out?

Either they lost the fax that went through, or they are playing games with you, imo.

Keep faxing is all I can suggest. And you may want to overnight them an original duplicate of the papers, WITH return receipt requested, to make sure.

If it were me, I'd do it myself, unless the title company has to. In that case I'd demand they overnight it, with me bearing the cost of over night delivery, rrr.

(I have trust issues. If I don't do something I consider crucial and let someone else do it, I get VERY antsy VERY easily)
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

RGordon, I hear you. However it IS proof of delivery and will, and has(countless times) hold up in a court of law, if it comes to that.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.