Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Can I close this "account"?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! Can I close this "account"?

I recently received a Mastercard from Juniper with a credit limit of $6,700. They called me and asked me what I thought were questions about the card I had received. Instead, it was a sleazy attempt to send me a second Juniper card, which i DO NOT WANT. I have not yet activated it - it's for $2,700 and I don't need it or want it. Can I cancel it without activating it, or will it count against my credit.

You guys seem a lot more experienced than I am. Any suggestions out there?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help! Can I close this "account"?

if you got the card you likely already took the hit for it so you may as well keep it unless there is an annual fee until its two years old
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What did they ask you? You may be able to dispute the account, especially if they recorded the call and it is clear you did not apply for new credit. This is not likely to be an easy endeavor though.
Message 3 of 6
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently received a Mastercard from Juniper with a credit limit of $6,700. They called me and asked me what I thought were questions about the card I had received. Instead, it was a sleazy attempt to send me a second Juniper card, which i DO NOT WANT. I have not yet activated it - it's for $2,700 and I don't need it or want it. Can I cancel it without activating it, or will it count against my credit.

You guys seem a lot more experienced than I am. Any suggestions out there?

Um...am I missing something? Call one of the back door numbers and combine the cards...LOL

TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 4 of 6
lisac
Regular Contributor

wells fargo did something like that to my dh.  called him asked a bunch of questions, tried to sell him some products.  when he realized the rep wanted to send him a cc with 1k limit and 20 plus interest rate, he said no way do not send me anything. as he was hanging up he hear the rep say "ok i'll just send that card out to you." when he got the card he called for a supervisor and told them about it, said to listen to your tapes.  he got them to remove the account and the inq the put on his cr.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same thing happen with Wells Fargo, but since I figured I answered their questions there was nothing I could do about the new account.  I had them close it once I got the card and the inquiry will disappear in Jan 2009.  But I didn't think you could actually get them to delete the account.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.