Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help---I need to recon Citi!!!!

tag
goodgirl-badcredit
Frequent Contributor

Help---I need to recon Citi!!!!

I applied for a student Citi Forward account. I was denied I would like to recon this decision. Has anyone had success with this task. I spoke with a rep about my account and he stated that i could fax over a copy of my credit report. But I would also like to speak with someone. What info besides my cr should i include in the fax. Should i type up a recon letter also? I have 5 baddies on my EX report. And the last time they reported was 6/08. But the accounts are three years old.

Thank you

gg-bc

Starting Score: 3/21 EQ 636 TU 669
Current Score: 12/30 EQ 740 TU 712 EX ??? ....
Goal Score: Yay... I reached my goal of 700!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Help---I need to recon Citi!!!!

do you know which they pulled, if EQ I don't think recon is going to fly, sorry
Message 2 of 6
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

You have nothing to lose by trying a recon. I would mail a certified letter either way.

Keep in mind that recons aren't always successful. The success rate depends on many different factors. Again, all they can say is no.

Good luck.

Message Edited by Uncle_Money on 09-22-2009 03:15 PM

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 3 of 6
Geordi
Regular Contributor

Many a person, including myself, has had great success utilizing Planetfeedback site to obtain a Citibank card.

When I was in the rebuilding stage, I used PFB to get 2 Citibank cards.  When you file a complaint using PFB, your complaint goes directly to the Executive Offices of Citibank.

The last time that I used PFB was in May 2008.  I haven't had to use them since because my credit has been greatly improved since then.

Good luck

Message 4 of 6
mt2va
Established Contributor

@Geordi wrote:

Many a person, including myself, has had great success utilizing Planetfeedback site to obtain a Citibank card.

When I was in the rebuilding stage, I used PFB to get 2 Citibank cards.  When you file a complaint using PFB, your complaint goes directly to the Executive Offices of Citibank.

Can you explain how to utilize Planet Feedback as a tool to recon a CC denial?

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 5 of 6
Geordi
Regular Contributor

@mt2va wrote:

@Geordi wrote:

Can you explain how to utilize Planet Feedback as a tool to recon a CC denial?

Well the last time I went in to detail about a simular topic, my post was deleted.  So to keep this generic:

1. You want to use Planetfeedback to submit your recon to Citibank
  2. The reason you would want to use PFB is because your complaint will go to the Executive Offices of Citibank
  3. The Executive Offices will review your complaint to see if it has merit
  4. The Executive Offices will also obtain a copy of your application
  5. If the Executive Offices agree with you, they will contact the New Accounts department and get you an approval

I hope I have answered your quesion.

GL

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.