Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! I think I'm all confuzzled as to what's "best"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! I think I'm all confuzzled as to what's "best"

In the last 24 hours I've been doing a lot of researching and reading. This site has been so very, very helpful but I think my brain is swarming with what's best in my own situation. I've learned 30% utilization is the highest to go, under 10% is best practice, get all cards down to $0 balances is optimum, and working from highest APR to lowest with lowest balance easiest. Credit score climb is a slow hauling train after isn't been damaged.
But in my simple brain, I have lost the idea of what could be best in the current situation at hand with all APRs the same. I can attribute $400 extra/month on 1 card and make minimum payments to others
A. Use the alloted money and pay lowest balance to $0 and then move to next lowest balance (until 1 card has 0% while others maintain 90%)
B. Make bounce the alloted money around until all cards are at 30% then work on 0%.
Gaaaah! I'm so lost.......
Help?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Help! I think I'm all confuzzled as to what's "best"

First thing I would do is pay all cards under 90%. 90% is considered maxed. So you want to be under that. Then start snowballing since aprs are similar. Throw all you can at smallest balance while paying minimum payments on others till it's paid off. Then rinse and repeat.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the quick response. I will activate that game plan and will hopefully see some positive in it. It feels good to get more knowledge on how to get credit handled
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@baller4life wrote:
First thing I would do is pay all cards under 90%. 90% is considered maxed. So you want to be under that. Then start snowballing since aprs are similar. Throw all you can at smallest balance while paying minimum payments on others till it's paid off. Then rinse and repeat.

That is the plan I would use.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.