Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Me Become a High Achiever

tag
bornhuge
Valued Member

Help Me Become a High Achiever

I just got my quarterly Transunion Update and was pleasantly surprised.  A 29 point jump to where it now stands in my signature.  MY TU score has been very sluggish over the last 1.5 years with moderate increases quarterly.  760 is in my gunsights now and there is something I think might help.  

I have a closed Commerce Bank credit card account.  It shows up on Equifax and Transunion.  On Equifax, it shows that the account was closed and was paid or paying on time when closed.  I did have a delinquency on it, but it was satisfied and the account was closed by Commerce Bank because I never used the card.  Anyway, on the accounts section of my quarterly Transunion report, it shows the status as closed and 90 days late.  The balance, though, is zero.  

Is it strange to anyone else that the same account is reporting two different statuses to the two credit bureaus?  The account is not now 90 days late.  The last delinquency was in 2008 and I'd like the delinquency to fall off after seven years.  My concern is that it will not fall of the Transunion report after 7 years if Transunion is still showing the account is presently 90 days late.

The account has a 1-800 number on it and I've called it once or twice and really haven't gotten anywhere.  I've left a message, but haven't pursued it too heavily.  Assuming that number is a dead end, I don't know what my next step is.  I have no documentation from the account.  Were I to make contact with someone at Commerce Bank, they'd have to identify the account by my name and SSN, I assume.

Is this a situation that you could dispute the accuracy of the information with the credit bureau?  If I did, wouldn't Commerce be alerted to either fix the status or prove that there is a delinquency?  I want to put the ball in their court to correct this.  Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

Starting Scores: TU-666 on 10/29/11. EQ-701 on 12/29/11
Current Scores: TU-753 on 7/27/13. EQ-761 on 11/1/13
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Help Me Become a High Achiever

@bornhuge wrote:

I just got my quarterly Transunion Update and was pleasantly surprised.  A 29 point jump to where it now stands in my signature.  MY TU score has been very sluggish over the last 1.5 years with moderate increases quarterly.  760 is in my gunsights now and there is something I think might help.  

I have a closed Commerce Bank credit card account.  It shows up on Equifax and Transunion.  On Equifax, it shows that the account was closed and was paid or paying on time when closed.  I did have a delinquency on it, but it was satisfied and the account was closed by Commerce Bank because I never used the card.  Anyway, on the accounts section of my quarterly Transunion report, it shows the status as closed and 90 days late.  The balance, though, is zero.  

Is it strange to anyone else that the same account is reporting two different statuses to the two credit bureaus?  The account is not now 90 days late.  The last delinquency was in 2008 and I'd like the delinquency to fall off after seven years.  My concern is that it will not fall of the Transunion report after 7 years if Transunion is still showing the account is presently 90 days late.

The account has a 1-800 number on it and I've called it once or twice and really haven't gotten anywhere.  I've left a message, but haven't pursued it too heavily.  Assuming that number is a dead end, I don't know what my next step is.  I have no documentation from the account.  Were I to make contact with someone at Commerce Bank, they'd have to identify the account by my name and SSN, I assume.

Is this a situation that you could dispute the accuracy of the information with the credit bureau?  If I did, wouldn't Commerce be alerted to either fix the status or prove that there is a delinquency?  I want to put the ball in their court to correct this.  Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.

Can you post a pic of how TU is reporting it?? It sounds like to me you got lucky with EQ and TU is reporting correctly.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 6
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

What do your records show?  Are you 100% sure that the delinquency was in 2008?  If so then you need to dispute every item that you beleve is incorrect on that tradeline.  The best that could happen is that they show the delinquency back in 2008, and this should improve your scores because of the age of the delinquency.  

Also if you have your records verify what is the DOFD because that is the date that determines the 7 year clock.  But if I'm reading correctly you brought the account back current at some point so if they correct it properly then only the delinquencies will be deleted and the account will become positive.  Or you can try a goodwill as well.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 3 of 6
bornhuge
Valued Member

Can you post a pic of how TU is reporting it?? It sounds like to me you got lucky with EQ and TU is reporting correctly.

I can't.  Not highly computer literate.  The payment history stops in April 2011.

Status as ofDate opened [?]Date of last activity [?]Date closed [?]Loan type [?]Credit limit [?]Largest past balance [?]Account Type [?]Account holder [?]Industry

Apr, 2011
Jun, 2003
Dec, 2008
Dec, 2008
Credit Card
$3,000
$3,183
Revolving Account
Individual Account

Banks

I have two years of OK's on the graphic part of the account description.  I don't have any records about all of this.  I was in the process of moving when I failed to pay this account.  Was moving out of state, changing jobs, and all that.  I can't remember if the delinquency was ever sent to collections or not, but I have no collections on my score right now.  It's just weird because I am sure I paid the card off and the account was closed years later due to account inactivity.

On Transunion, the account says current status is 90 days late.  On Equifax, it says pays account as agreed.  Both show a balance of $0.  So, Commerce Bank, how can I be 90 days late presently to satisfy a zero balance???

Message 4 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bornhuge wrote:

I can't.  Not highly computer literate.  The payment history stops in April 2011.

Status as ofDate opened [?]Date of last activity [?]Date closed [?]Loan type [?]Credit limit [?]Largest past balance [?]Account Type [?]Account holder [?]Industry

Apr, 2011
Jun, 2003
Dec, 2008
Dec, 2008
Credit Card
$3,000
$3,183
Revolving Account
Individual Account

Banks

I have two years of OK's on the graphic part of the account description.  I don't have any records about all of this.  I was in the process of moving when I failed to pay this account.  Was moving out of state, changing jobs, and all that.  I can't remember if the delinquency was ever sent to collections or not, but I have no collections on my score right now.  It's just weird because I am sure I paid the card off and the account was closed years later due to account inactivity.

On Transunion, the account says current status is 90 days late.  On Equifax, it says pays account as agreed.  Both show a balance of $0.  So, Commerce Bank, how can I be 90 days late presently to satisfy a zero balance???

Go through TU's site and dispute it as wrong information reporting. See if they respond to it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 6
bornhuge
Valued Member

On Sunday, I initiated a Transunion investigation of the disputed information on the account.  I got an e-mail today from Transunion saying the entire account was deleted from my credit report.  I'm satisfied with that, as the account did have a non-disputed 30-day late on it from 2008.  

Thanks for the help, everybody.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.