Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, Need a Roadmap!!! Finally getting into the POSITIVE side of Rebuild

tag
nyuphoto
Regular Contributor

Help, Need a Roadmap!!! Finally getting into the POSITIVE side of Rebuild

This forum has been the best and a real life changer for me.  I want to thank everyone in advance for adding you input, it's because of everyone as a collective that helped me find the right direction for my credit.  A whole life without it and I feel like a new person at 42 years old.  Thank you all!

That being said, I NEED A ROAD MAP!  I am currently on the up and up on a rebuild, that until last December was blindly driven (I joined the forum and have been a MyFico member since 12/19. I need a solid road map.

Quick history:

9/17: joint BMW auto loan. FICO in 500's. No CL NO revolving accounts, only AU for Chase Disney Premier 5k

1/20: approved for 1st  mortgage (I didn't think we'd get approved, MyFico/forum helped me make some quick changes)

4/12/20: student loan collections dropped from CR

4/13/20: approved for NFCU MR Amex 15k, approved for Chase Amazon Prime 8.8k, denied Chase Freedom - too many inquires (recon denied due to balance due in old closed chase checking acct and no revolving statements)

4/23/20: paid chase balance, opened new checking premiere plus, opened IRA and waiting on 401k rollover (rebuilding relationship)

4/28/20: approved for GS Apple MC 4k 21.99%.  (I took the chance of accepting this card because my main goal is to build my FICO8 into 700's by next year and hoping it does NOT count against 5/24 for Chase because it's only reporting to TU at the moment from what I've read here)

Here's my current 1 year plan:

1. 7/20: app Chase Freedom
  2. 7/20: wait 91/3 and apply for 2nd NFCU Flagship Card and request CLI for NFCU MoreRewards Amex.
  3. 9/20: app Chase World of Hyatt 
  4. 10/20: App Amex BCP. Request CLI on NFCU cards and Apple
  5. 12/20: CLI Amex and Amazon Prime.
  6. 1/15/21 App 3rd NFCU Card. CLI on NFCU cards.
  7. 2/17: CLI Amex
  8. 4/20/21: CLI Chase FU, NFCU, and Amex. ***Gardening for 1 year. No HP or SP’s. No apps.

I really would like to hear your thoughts. I'm waiting on statemtents to post and thinking I should get a decent bump in FICO on Tu and Exp. MAIN goal is to get FICO8 scores into mid 700's in 1 year, Second goal is to gain as much CL, and next Important goal is to gain the CF and Chase Hyatt. How is this 1 year plan? What would you do if you were me?? Thank you in advance!!

Cards (In order of approval) TCL: 137k

Chase Home Mortgage 402k 3.25% 30yr | 10/2021 | AU  
App’d for my first CC in April 2020, hoping for a 3k SL… Anyone can turn their credit around.
4 REPLIES 4
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Help, Need a Roadmap!!! Finally getting into the POSITIVE side of Rebuild

@nyuphoto wrote:

This forum has been the best and a real life changer for me.  I want to thank everyone in advance for adding you input, it's because of everyone as a collective that helped me find the right direction for my credit.  A whole life without it and I feel like a new person at 42 years old.  Thank you all!

That being said, I NEED A ROAD MAP!  I am currently on the up and up on a rebuild, that until last December was blindly driven (I joined the forum and have been a MyFico member since 12/19. I need a solid road map.

Quick history:

9/17: joint BMW auto loan. FICO in 500's. No CL NO revolving accounts, only AU for Chase Disney Premier 5k

1/20: approved for 1st  mortgage (I didn't think we'd get approved, MyFico/forum helped me make some quick changes)

4/12/20: student loan collections dropped from CR

4/13/20: approved for NFCU MR Amex 15k, approved for Chase Amazon Prime 8.8k, denied Chase Freedom - too many inquires (recon denied due to balance due in old closed chase checking acct and no revolving statements)

4/23/20: paid chase balance, opened new checking premiere plus, opened IRA and waiting on 401k rollover (rebuilding relationship)

4/28/20: approved for GS Apple MC 4k 21.99%.  (I took the chance of accepting this card because my main goal is to build my FICO8 into 700's by next year and hoping it does NOT count against 5/24 for Chase because it's only reporting to TU at the moment from what I've read here)

Here's my current 1 year plan:

1. 7/20: app Chase Freedom
  2. 7/20: wait 91/3 and apply for 2nd NFCU Flagship Card and request CLI for NFCU MoreRewards Amex.
  3. 9/20: app Chase World of Hyatt 
  4. 10/20: App Amex BCP. Request CLI on NFCU cards and Apple
  5. 12/20: CLI Amex and Amazon Prime.
  6. 1/15/21 App 3rd NFCU Card. CLI on NFCU cards.
  7. 2/17: CLI Amex
  8. 4/20/21: CLI Chase FU, NFCU, and Amex. ***Gardening for 1 year. No HP or SP’s. No apps.

I really would like to hear your thoughts. I'm waiting on statemtents to post and thinking I should get a decent bump in FICO on Tu and Exp. MAIN goal is to get FICO8 scores into mid 700's in 1 year, Second goal is to gain as much CL, and next Important goal is to gain the CF and Chase Hyatt. How is this 1 year plan? What would you do if you were me?? Thank you in advance!!

Wow that is aggressive 

If I counted right you are at 3/24. I would advise you to not expect chase to not pull TU (they have double pulled me on TU and EX) so the apple card likely does count towards 5/24. If you are actually approved for a new chase card and NFCU card in July you will be over 5/24 in September. 

Also did I read that correctly, your oldest revolving account is less then a month old? And you want to get 2 more chase cards in the next 5 months? 

Message 2 of 5
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on all your work!

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but I think the Apple card would count; i'm not aware of it being an exception to 5/24. If you follow your schedule, I don't think you could get approved for the Hyatt until 4/2022. You may have to adjust your cards and get the Chase CF and Hyatt first before the 2nd NFCU card. I don't know much about how much time you need between Chase specific apps.

Message 3 of 5
nyuphoto
Regular Contributor

I agree with you guys, the Apple Card will likely count. I will probably have to hold off on the 2nd NFCU card. My Amazon app and FU recon they pulled twice each on EQ and EX.  Not saying this will happen again but if it did, and say Apple Card only reports TU , in that example would it still count toward 5/24?

Cards (In order of approval) TCL: 137k

Chase Home Mortgage 402k 3.25% 30yr | 10/2021 | AU  
App’d for my first CC in April 2020, hoping for a 3k SL… Anyone can turn their credit around.
Message 4 of 5
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@nyuphoto wrote:

I agree with you guys, the Apple Card will likely count. I will probably have to hold off on the 2nd NFCU card. My Amazon app and FU recon they pulled twice each on EQ and EX.  Not saying this will happen again but if it did, and say Apple Card only reports TU , in that example would it still count toward 5/24?

If they pull that report it will count. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.