Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! US Bank "verifying existing account information"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help! US Bank "verifying existing account information"

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
No, thats a crazy amount of hoops for a 1k credit card. Would be nice to know what caused it but i would just move on. So many more lenders our there. I recently tried for a USBank checking to help get a card but something didnt match or verify and they declined so i said cool, looks like ill never have a US Bsnk product snd thats fine. I have enough lenders and at the end of the day , any credit card swipes as well as any fancy credit cardSmiley Wink

Ps, lol at US Bank being the Penfed of big banks haha ,so trueSmiley Happy

AJC ... same thing happened to me at US Bank so I went into a branch and they ignored the online group. Note, I went into the branch because I was mad about the online problems. The branch had me up and running in 5 minutes. Plus, they opened a credit card for me while I was in the branch using the same visit. The online could not verify me ... go figure! Smiley Frustrated As an add, I contacted the online after I got a letter turning down my application and let it fly (note: my Early Warning System and ChexSystems were checked by me in advance so I was not much for hearing excuses).

Message 21 of 28
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol @Anonymous , i have no US Banks near me, need to learn to swim the AtlanticSmiley Wink
Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol @Anonymous , i have no US Banks near me, need to learn to swim the AtlanticSmiley Wink

AJC ... excuses excuses excuses ... that said (cannot remember where) but both Chase and US Bank announced a list of states they will be entering in 2019 and 2020 now that they have received a green light from the Federal Regulators and can expand their branch networks. Imagine, Chase is coming to Minnesota starting in July 2019 (they have refused my online application before as I was not in their banking foot print). Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 28
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Maybe i should visit Minnie and find me a cold weather LadySmiley Wink. No one should be able to Chase away the cold nights with their warmth betterSmiley Happy
Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

AJC ... US Bank is being stubborn and not sharing their planned two year new branch locations (Hmm ... Florida, Georgia, and Texas leaked out as possible sites along with North Carolina). They did say they would close 300 branches to 450 bank branches in the next two years but again, will not disclose where. North Carolina will see about ten US Bank Branches (not much help for you).

Message 25 of 28
calyx
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

AJC ... US Bank is being stubborn and not sharing their planned two year new branch locations (Hmm ... Florida, Georgia, and Texas leaked out as possible sites along with North Carolina). They did say they would close 300 branches to 450 bank branches in the next two years but again, will not disclose where. North Carolina will see about ten US Bank Branches (not much help for you).

But that's super helpful for me - I just googled it - Thanks!   Let's hope they open up before I need to make my next IKEA run Smiley Wink
ETA: Further googling tells me Chase is also opening up in CLT.   That should be interesting.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 26 of 28
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Hmm...I think while US Bank is asking for quite a lot they are going to be offering much more return in the future. The relationship, if nurtured, will bear great fruit. The thing that really might be a problem is the fact that US Bank is known to accept uncommon input sources like SageStream and Lexus Nexus. These sources are not as well known and have a habit of not being properly aligned with the main bureaus. If they close the account then there will be quite the damage from the HP and the age of newest account being really small.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 27 of 28
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@zerofire wrote:

Hmm...I think while US Bank is asking for quite a lot they are going to be offering much more return in the future. The relationship, if nurtured, will bear great fruit. The thing that really might be a problem is the fact that US Bank is known to accept uncommon input sources like SageStream and Lexus Nexus. These sources are not as well known and have a habit of not being properly aligned with the main bureaus. If they close the account then there will be quite the damage from the HP and the age of newest account being really small.

That damage is done weather the account is open or closed. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.