Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help easy credit card

tag
Mendoric
Established Member

Help easy credit card

My dad wants to rebuild his credit but he has horrible credit he just got approved for capital one rebuilder  with 300 dollars what other credit cards can he get approved for? Any help please andit he limits don't matter. Or annual fees.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Help easy credit card

Good for him to get 2 more cards.  Limits don't matter.  He just needs the tradelines.  Can he afford to do the secured card route?  Lots of choices there.  Any idea what his scores look like?

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 2 of 13
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Agree, credit union even.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 3 of 13
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Credit union cards rock!

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 13
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

If he's military chances are he can join NFCU and instantly be approved for a rewards card with a $25k limit.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 5 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@j_casteel wrote:

If he's military chances are he can join NFCU and instantly be approved for a rewards card with a $25k limit.

OK that's a little tongue-in-cheek I think? Cat Wink

        
Message 6 of 13
SportBike4Life
Regular Contributor

what rewards does the NFCU reward card give you? I don't see the terms on their webpage.

Jun 2012 FICO® ~ 734 EQ
Sep 2012 FICO® ~ 684 EQ; 734 TU
Oct 2012 FICO® ~ TBA

Goal for 2014 ~760+

Trying to stay in the garden...but also trying to get as many apps as possible for now Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@SportBike4Life wrote:

what rewards does the NFCU reward card give you? I don't see the terms on their webpage.

Google for NFCU nRewards; however, I think for the entry-level it's the usual 1 point per $1 spend.

        
Message 8 of 13
lithium78
Established Contributor

The best choice, as others have posted, is a secured credit card, preferably with a credit union to get the best interest rate.  Among bank cards, Orchard Bank was good to me while I was rebuilding ($79 AF).  Best Buy Reward Zone Mastercard was helpful too, and actually provided rewards, which is unusual in a rebuilder ($59 AF).  I'd stay away from Credit One, because they charge daily residuals without a grace period and charge a monthly fee.  I'd also avoid First Premier like the plague, because they are just insane with their fees and interest rates.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 13
tboy1977
Regular Contributor

Avoid Continental Finance.  30% APR, $75 AF, $12 monthly fee and 25 cent per transaction fee.  NICE!!

Go to the local credit union and pull a secured card.  Build the limit to a nice $2k or better and you'll be good.

Starting scores: EQ 420, EX 421, TU 405 (Jan 2011)
Bk Ch 7 Discharged Mar 2011
Current scores: Julty 2019: TU - 655, EX - 619, EQ - 640
FICO Dream Scores: EQ 700+, EX 700+, TU 700+

Credit accounts: 22% APR auto loan (Mar 2017), Secured [Coke (4000), Discover (1000)], Unsecured [CreditOne $1500, Walmart $150, Target $200], World Finance: $1500, Courtesy Finance: $700, Speedy Finance: $1200 (charged-off)
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.