cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me decide 'cause I may be missing something...

tag
hardworkrebuilding
Regular Contributor

Re: Help me decide 'cause I may be missing something...

Well, huh. After that last post I decided to hit "the button" on my Discover and they gave me a $3k SP CLI. I guess I will hold on to it for a while longer. While 12.5k is still by far my lowest CL, at least it's in double digits now.😉

Still haven't decided on the CSR, though...
FICO 750+ on each CRA - 6 cards for a total CL of $222,900
Gardening since 9/11/2016 for a goal of 2 years
Message 21 of 23
hardworkrebuilding
Regular Contributor

Update: Help me decide 'cause I may be missing something...

Well, I did app for the Chase Sapphire Reserve.  What happened next was a real surprise...  7-10 day message.

So, the first post in this thread had my pertinent stats.  For those who might reply "what did you leave out?" or that my situation was not as I described, everything I provided was 100% accurate.  After briefly dealing with the assault on my pride, I called the analyst line from the forum's "Backdoor Numbers" (this forum is so helpful throughout your journey, beginning to end).

I spoke with a really nice analyst.  I explained I was surprised I did not get an instant approval.  She reviewed the app, asked a few additional questions more specific than the application, and said "everything looks good, I just need some information about a charged off account from 2002".  She explained there was an account (either Chase or WaMu) from 2002 that was charged off for $1200 and shows on their internal records (CR's show no derogs of any kind).  I was like wow, I have had 4 credit card accounts with Chase, 2 currently open, since I have rebuilt and no one has ever asked about this.  I told her that years ago, about that time, I went through a divorce and a career change.  I didn't remember anything specific.  She said that was fine and that after review she was sending her recommendation for account approval and that someone else would determine the credit line based on exposure.  That was a week ago.

The next day, I got concerned that maybe the APR would be affected and called back.  The analyst I spoke with said they have no determination in APR and that the application was still pending further review for overall exposure.

The next day I tried again to get some insight to the APR.  Spoke with lending this time, again no answer to APR.  The lending rep said I could cancel the app due to its pending status if I was unsure I wanted the account.  I almost did, but decided to not.

Fast forward,  I sign in to my account this afternoon and there it is... $25,000 CL with the 16.24% APR (lowest available for this product).  Not sure what this means for my maximum exposure through Chase as I have 3 open cards with them ($22.9K, $44K, and $25K).

Anyhow, I done.  I'm happy with the new account and believe it is a product that really fits my financial needs.  I will now start the process of reducing my cards from 7 to 4 (1 Visa, 1 MasterCard, 1 American Express, 1 Discover).  Plan to be in the garden a very long time.  Just thought I'd share my interesting approval process.

FICO 750+ on each CRA - 6 cards for a total CL of $222,900
Gardening since 9/11/2016 for a goal of 2 years
Message 22 of 23
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Update: Help me decide 'cause I may be missing something...

@hardworkrebuilding wrote:

Well, I did app for the Chase Sapphire Reserve.  What happened next was a real surprise...  7-10 day message.

So, the first post in this thread had my pertinent stats.  For those who might reply "what did you leave out?" or that my situation was not as I described, everything I provided was 100% accurate.  After briefly dealing with the assault on my pride, I called the analyst line from the forum's "Backdoor Numbers" (this forum is so helpful throughout your journey, beginning to end).

I spoke with a really nice analyst.  I explained I was surprised I did not get an instant approval.  She reviewed the app, asked a few additional questions more specific than the application, and said "everything looks good, I just need some information about a charged off account from 2002".  She explained there was an account (either Chase or WaMu) from 2002 that was charged off for $1200 and shows on their internal records (CR's show no derogs of any kind).  I was like wow, I have had 4 credit card accounts with Chase, 2 currently open, since I have rebuilt and no one has ever asked about this.  I told her that years ago, about that time, I went through a divorce and a career change.  I didn't remember anything specific.  She said that was fine and that after review she was sending her recommendation for account approval and that someone else would determine the credit line based on exposure.  That was a week ago.

The next day, I got concerned that maybe the APR would be affected and called back.  The analyst I spoke with said they have no determination in APR and that the application was still pending further review for overall exposure.

The next day I tried again to get some insight to the APR.  Spoke with lending this time, again no answer to APR.  The lending rep said I could cancel the app due to its pending status if I was unsure I wanted the account.  I almost did, but decided to not.

Fast forward,  I sign in to my account this afternoon and there it is... $25,000 CL with the 16.24% APR (lowest available for this product).  Not sure what this means for my maximum exposure through Chase as I have 3 open cards with them ($22.9K, $44K, and $25K).

Anyhow, I done.  I'm happy with the new account and believe it is a product that really fits my financial needs.  I will now start the process of reducing my cards from 7 to 4 (1 Visa, 1 MasterCard, 1 American Express, 1 Discover).  Plan to be in the garden a very long time.  Just thought I'd share my interesting approval process.

Congratulations on the happy ending Smiley Happy

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.