Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Help me plan my fall 2013 app spree...

October 1, 2013, I plan on apping for the following:

American Express BCP

Citbank Dividend Preferred Mastercard

US Bank Cash+

Chase Sapphire Preferred

I'm in the garden until then, due to 15 inquiries, which will hit their 1 year mark September, 2013.

Current score is 660, since I took a 20 point hit since my new lines reported (mortgage STILL hasn't reported).  I hope to be low to mid 700's by the time I app.

The plan is to pay in full or slightly carry a balance under 15% utlization overall and each card since I'm not paying any interest until December 2013.  

How hard is it to get these cards?  What would they like to see?  

Help me stay focused!

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Re: Help me plan my fall 2013 app spree...

Sounds good, the only one i have is the Citbank Dividend Preferred Mastercard. Great card, as long as most of your inquiries and new accounts are over a year old you shouldnt have any problem considering the rest of your credit file is good.  I had 4 new accounts and 6 inquiries when i got mine.

Probably the best card I have, no comment on chase they seem to be very sensitive to inquiries and new accounts (at least in my experience)

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@Razeus wrote:

American Express BCP

US Bank Cash+

Chase Sapphire Preferred

I'm in the garden until then, due to 15 inquiries, which will hit their 1 year mark September, 2013.

Current score is 660, since I took a 20 point hit since my new lines reported (mortgage STILL hasn't reported).  I hope to be low to mid 700's by the time I app.

The plan is to pay in full or slightly carry a balance under 15% utlization overall and each card since I'm not paying any interest until December 2013.  

Help me stay focused!

You will be good to go for all of them by then. Just good luck gardening. You might even have a shot for them in late April.

Do you have any baddies?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 6
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Is the Citi Dividend Preferred MC different than the Platinum Select MC?

I never heard of a Dividend Preferred.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Razeus wrote:

American Express BCP

US Bank Cash+

Chase Sapphire Preferred

Help me stay focused!

Besides reward benefits look for low APR on purchases and cash advances (without fees). Consider these features insurance beyond PIF only.

Message 5 of 6
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

1. A good history on the Freedom will help out with the CSP.

2. Are you going to apply for a new BCP or just upgrade your BCE? You can PC after a year and it might not cost you an inquiry.

3. Keep in mind that even though the abundance of inq's will not affect your score after a year, lenders can still see them and judge accordingly.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.