cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me stay in the Garden... (Diners Club related)

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Help me stay in the Garden... (Diners Club related)

@-Cal- wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Hockeyplayrr wrote:

go for it. I am a firm believer in apping to your hearts content.

I resemble this remark.

Loyal followers of Creditaddict Smiley Very Happy

Funny thing is...some of my past applications were inspired by CreditAddict

You're not the only one Smiley Very Happy

Message 31 of 66
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

I am seriously contemplating on applying for the DC Premiere, since I *just* went into the garden I feel like I'm not really losing anything. I think I'll keep reading about these DC threads and wondering to myself what would the outcome have been...

I'm also curious as to how they view applicants with tax liens... I could be a data point for others.

I am just curious about DCP, what benefit over SPG would be the reasoning to get this card. I am not saying its an bad card or anything i am just curious how others view this card. 

Lounge access, no FTF and on a widely accepted network are my votes for DCP compared to SPG... travel / airline / hotel cards with FTF I simply do not understand the issuers on these!  Compliment to Cap1 with no FTF on all their cards Smiley Happy 

I guess lounge access for most is an big perk, i would carry CSP or Ink Plus for FTF card. I also have QS and IT on back up duty when i travel internationally which isn't that often. I know i may be in minority here but i think signup bonuses with cards is kind of an big thing so DCP not having that is kind of an bummer for me. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 32 of 66
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

I almost applied for the DCP last night, I had the form filled out but I just wasn't able to click that button. One of the things that is a barrier for me is spouse's info. I really dislike the fact that they want my spouse's info.
Message 33 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Cal- wrote:
I almost applied for the DCP last night, I had the form filled out but I just wasn't able to click that button. One of the things that is a barrier for me is spouse's info. I really dislike the fact that they want my spouse's info.

This might not be discouraging but...

They did not HP the wife when I apped this.

I always report income on apps as my personal W-2 Income + half the wife's Income.

Yes we file joint but it's an interesting experience being asked why just half or why just not at all. (Barclay's)

Message 34 of 66
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

I always report income on apps as my personal W-2 Income + half the wife's Income.

Yes we file joint but it's an interesting experience being asked why just half or why just not at all. (Barclay's)

Its more of they ask for her SSN, for some reason I don't trust them with her information. There could be potential security breach in the future and her info gets compromised for something she didn't even opt into personally. I never include my wife's income or additional non-salaried income. 

Message 35 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Cal- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@-Cal- wrote:

Its more of they ask for her SSN, for some reason I don't trust them with her information. There could be potential security breach in the future and her info gets compromised for something she didn't even opt into personally. I never include my wife's income or additional non-salaried income. 

Personal preference. All our money goes in the same pool regardless. Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 66
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Personal preference. All our money goes in the same pool regardless. Smiley Happy

Actually it doesn't, we keep our finances separate. I pay all the bills and she saves her money in her account. 

I'm kind of still considering getting this and Nixon keeps peer pressuring me to do it! I just wonder what would Chase / Amex / Barclay say if/when they see a new account with a high CL. 

Message 37 of 66
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@-Cal- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually it doesn't, we keep our finances separate. I pay all the bills and she saves her money in her account. 

I'm kind of still considering getting this and Nixon keeps peer pressuring me to do it! I just wonder what would Chase / Amex / Barclay say if/when they see a new account with a high CL. 

Sounds like you have two points against applying which sort of counters the justification for getting DCP/DCE.  Why not just let it go?  You'll have less worries.  And, placing your wife's SS# on the app would be no different from a risk or "exposure/breach" perspective than placing yours on the application (it's not like that part of the application goes into la-la land).  Also, you'll never be able to gauge how other lenders will perceive the new TL on your CRs... will it be that "big elephant" in the room?  Would they DCL or leave things be?  That's the risk you take when you seek and/or obtain new credit.

Message 38 of 66
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@dilettante wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

RedMiniStapler wrote:

but... but.... look at how purdy the card is, with the emv chip and all, ya know... the whole real chip & pin card. just one more app wouldn't kill you. make this your last app of 2014! go out with a bang!

You are a "good support" ..... OP I know how you feel as I want that card soooo badly but I stick to my plan..no apps within 6 months of another app and therefore forced myself to garden any further.  The good thing is that now I have time to think about which one to apply for when I am ready.  DCP or DCE and tend to go for the DCE and eat the hefty AF on that one. Stay strong - you can do it !

So what is the real attraction behind this card other than the large credit limits that most people seem to be getting?

Is there some hidden perk / feature that I am missing?

if it is just the huge CLs, what's to guarantee that the issuing bank (BMO Harris) will not reverse course and start cancelling cards or reducing limits? That happened to the Duck card last year.

IMO, this card is attracting a lot of attention from varous groups of people seeking some or all of these features:

1. UW standards are not that high - scores as low as upper 600's are being approved

2. Generous CL's - which is great for builders/rebuilders, MS'ers, or high limit enthusiasts trying to collect as much CL as possible

3. Usually pulls TU - (though some have been double pulled w/ EX). Helps most save EX pulls for Amex or Citi, etc.

4. Not Inq sensitive 

5. Possibility of hidden TL - though CSR's have been stating that it will report

6. First time in awhile that it's open to consumers - there are those that are feeling nostalgic

7. Travel perks - lounge access for as low as $95 AF, Primary CDW, hotel collections, trip insurance

8. Chip & Pin Priority w/ No FTF - don't have to sign up for CU's or have military/government affiliations

9. Airline & Hotel Partners - Alaska, Hawaiian, DL, BA, WN (with the possibility that points transferred count toward Companion Pass), Hilton, and SPG being the big draw

10.3X on grocery, gas, and drugstore categories for the Elite version and it is uncapped (for now) - we'll have to see what happens when MS'ers get rolling.

I got this card for the last 3 on this list.

This could well be another "Duck Card Fiasco" since BMO Harris doesn't seem prepared for the onslaught of credit enthusiasts.  The app process has been inconsistent and I'm sure a nightmare for them as well as some applicants (lost applications, long processing times for some, some receiving their cards by mail and others getting it overnighted).   The online site for cardmembers is archaic and they don't even have online payment abilities or reward tracking set up yet.  Whatever ends up happening, it has been a fun rollercoaster ride for many.

How do  you pay?  Send in paper checks? ...oh no.. I have not written checks in decades Smiley Surprised

Message 39 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

How do  you pay?  Send in paper checks? ...oh no.. I have not written checks in decades Smiley Surprised

no, they finally set up so that you can pay bills online

Message 40 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.