Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me understand with Delta skymiles

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help me understand with Delta skymiles

I have two applications on my iphone for where I can see Delta skymiles. Amex where I see over 31k miles as welcome bonus + mileas on charges. Delta application - where I see approximately 300 miles from my previous flights. I thought miles from Amex application with my Delta credit card card have to be seen in Delta application somehow. Or I am wrong... Or I just have to wait untill information is transferred?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Help me understand with Delta skymiles

The SkyMiles in my Amex account are always exactly the same as those on Delta's website and their app.  Are you sure Amex has your correct SkyMiles account number and didn't assign you a new one?

skymiles_amex.pngskymiles_delta.png

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Amex and SM accounts always mirror each other. 

Message 3 of 8
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

If that is the case that they assigned you a new SkyMiles number, you can merge them here:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/skymiles/manage-my-account/merge-duplicate-accounts.html

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you all

I see that something wrong with this... I need to match the numbers... By the way I have same issue with Hilton honors card

Message 5 of 8
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Looks like either the SkyMiles and HHonors numbers weren't entered on the original applications, or for some reason they were unable to verify them (name or address mismatch perhaps?).  Some loyalty programs can be sticklers on that and won't match John to Johnathan's account or Samantha to Sam's account, or John Q. Cardholder who lives in Jamaica, NY to John Q. Cardholder who lives in Queens, NY even though they're both the same part of Queens in New York City and could both be correct.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine was the same way. When I tried to merge them I kept getting an error, so I had to call in to do it.

Message 7 of 8
Thatficotho
Valued Member

Miles shown on my Amex app always mirror what’s shown on my Delta app.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.