Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me use my 0% intro offer

tag
bluedog1
Regular Contributor

Help me use my 0% intro offer

I purchased a new laptop with a card that has 0% APR for 12 months and would like to take advantage of this offer. If I make additional purchases in the future with this card how does that affect paying off the laptop purchase, i.e. do I need to PIF to a 0 balance before the intro period ends?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Help me use my 0% intro offer

@bluedog1 wrote:

I purchased a new laptop with a card that has 0% APR for 12 months and would like to take advantage of this offer. If I make additional purchases in the future with this card how does that affect paying off the laptop purchase, i.e. do I need to PIF to a 0 balance before the intro period ends?

Please clarify.   Is this a store card where you have 12 months of defferred interest on the laptop?  Or is it a CC with 0%APR on purchases for 12 months?

Message 2 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bluedog1 wrote:

These kind of offers can be tricky. Usually the promo'd balance get some of the payment and non-promo'd gets some. I would always recommend only charging the promo'd balance and PIF that first before charging anything else.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 13
bluedog1
Regular Contributor

Hi Wolf, it is a BofA credit card with 0% APR on purchases for 12 months.

Message 4 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@bluedog1 wrote:

In your case all charges are 0% for 12 mos. You have until that 12th month end to PIF your card.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 13
bluedog1
Regular Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@bluedog1 wrote:

In your case all charges are 0% for 12 mos. You have until that 12th month end to PIF your card.

Ok great, thanks for your help!

Message 6 of 13
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@bluedog1 wrote:

You can use it for any purchase you want.   Cash advances and Balance Transfer probably don't qualify.    Remember you have to pay the minimum payment each month.  If you don't PIF the statement balance on month 12, interest will start accruing at that point.    But there will be no back interest, so not nearly as dangerous as deffered interest deals.

Message 7 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

@bluedog1 wrote:

You can use it for any purchase you want.   Cash advances and Balance Transfer probably don't qualify.    Remember you have to pay the minimum payment each month.  If you don't PIF the statement balance on month 12, interest will start accruing at that point.    But there will be no back interest, so not nearly as dangerous as deffered interest deals.

Very good point. You'll be charged whatever interest on your T & C agreement.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 13
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@bluedog1 somehting that doesnt have to do with your question. Since I saw that you have BBR MC by BofA. Do you have to have that design?? Or do you have an option to customize like wells fargo cards?? 

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 9 of 13
hayabusa

it all depends on the card sometimes cards will get all back interest if you don't pay it off within the 12 months sometimes it won't all depends on a lot not enough info.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.