Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help raising my limits on my CC

tag
remarc
Regular Contributor

Help raising my limits on my CC

I'm stuck at $1500 on all my cards. No one will give me a higher limit. I've tried CLI on my cards but they all tell me no with SP and it would take HP to bump up my limits. Right now I don't wish to do that as I'm looking to change my car in the next few months.

Here is a short example of my history.

Average Length of credit 1.5 yrs
23% UTI

Discover : $1000
Chase freedom : $1500
Chase Slate : $1500
Cap one : $1500
Citi platinum Select :$1500
Amazon store card $1500
Walmart store card :$1500
Best Buy store card : $1300
Kay's & Jared's : $5100

Btw. I'm not looking to add any more cards.
Should I close some??

Citi has just passed 1 year mark
Discover & chase freedom will be 1 year mark in march.
Best buy is 3 years in march only ever had 1 increase.

Please can u advise what u think I should do or best way to progress.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Help raising my limits on my CC

I wouldnt close them, especially before getting a new car. Keep them, use them responsibly, and be patient...in a few months you'll be able to request higher lines on some of the cards, especially GE...you can request a CLI on the amazon and Walmart every 4 months...

I also recommend using each card at least once a month, PIF, 1%-9% utilization, and keeping that utilization balance on one card while the rest report zero...this will help boost your score for that car loan as well as give you a better shot at SP CLI!
Message 2 of 5
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:
I wouldnt close them, especially before getting a new car. Keep them, use them responsibly, and be patient...in a few months you'll be able to request higher lines on some of the cards, especially GE...you can request a CLI on the amazon and Walmart every 4 months...

I also recommend using each card at least once a month, PIF, 1%-9% utilization, and keeping that utilization balance on one card while the rest report zero...this will help boost your score for that car loan as well as give you a better shot at SP CLI!

+1 Great advice!

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Message 3 of 5
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

@remarc wrote:
I'm stuck at $1500 on all my cards. No one will give me a higher limit. I've tried CLI on my cards but they all tell me no with SP and it would take HP to bump up my limits. Right now I don't wish to do that as I'm looking to change my car in the next few months.

Here is a short example of my history.

Average Length of credit 1.5 yrs
23% UTI

Discover : $1000
Chase freedom : $1500
Chase Slate : $1500
Cap one : $1500
Citi platinum Select :$1500
Amazon store card $1500
Walmart store card :$1500
Best Buy store card : $1300
Kay's & Jared's : $5100

Btw. I'm not looking to add any more cards.
Should I close some??

Citi has just passed 1 year mark
Discover & chase freedom will be 1 year mark in march.
Best buy is 3 years in march only ever had 1 increase.

Please can u advise what u think I should do or best way to progress.

You have a nice set of cards please do not close any. Right now you are really doing good just be a bit more patient you are at or just pass the 1 year mark let your cards grow you want it fast but, you know it takes time just continue to do what you have been doing. Try to get a increase from the underwriters at walmart g.e. this can help with utilization since they are gr8 with increases.

Message 4 of 5
adavis425
Established Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

+1

What he/she said....Patience, Grasshopper. Smiley Tongue

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.