cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Amex choice, Gold or ZYNC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help with Amex choice, Gold or ZYNC?

Thank you!

Message 11 of 29
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Another option if you are interested in the full MR points rather than MR Express is to just keep the Zync and add or convert to a Green, Gold, PR Gold, or Platinum later.  When you either add an MR card or convert your Zync to an MR Card, your existing points will convert to MR points.  So if saving the AF on the Gold is important, you can just use the Zync until you want to cash in the reward points and then add/convert to a full MR card.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once again, thank you guys for explaining all this to me, I have just one more question; what is the difference between the Gold membership reward points and the Zync express points, and by having both Gold and Zync will all my points be upgraded to membership reward points once I link my accounts online?

Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have the premier rewards gold card, mine is just the gold card + zync of course.

Message 14 of 29
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Once again, thank you guys for explaining all this to me, I have just one more question; what is the difference between the Gold membership reward points and the Zync express points, and by having both Gold and Zync will all my points be upgraded to membership reward points once I link my accounts online?

Membership Reward Points allow you to convert your points into airline miles, hotel points, etc.

Membership Reward Express Points does not allow you to convert your points into above mentioning. You can convert it into Amazon credit, giftcards, or merchandise, but at a 0.5 to 0.7% return.

Message 15 of 29
old_number_7
Established Member

Thanks a bunch IowaGuy. Based off your comment I googled and found a thread talking about this with an offer number. I then logged into my Amex account and sent the following secured message:

Hello,
It has come to my attention that there was promotion 5985 that gives a new card member 75k points for signing up after spending $1k. I just signed up and feel that it is unfair that I was not registered under this promotion being run. I am requesting that my account be credited with this promotion.
Regards,

I just checked my account and I now have 76k in points. Woo Hoo!!!! Thanks again for that info!!!
FICO: Equifax 4/6/14 *760* -- Transunion 2/10/14 *747* -- Experian 3/30/14 *768*
Amex BCP $17600 / Discover $15500 / BofA Rewards $13000 / Chase Sapphire Preferred $12000 / Lowes $10000 / BofA Platinum Plus $10000 / Citi Thankyou Premier $8000 / Citi Diamond $4900 / Chase Amazon $4500 / Chase Freedom $2000 / Amex Gold Premier
Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too. I called a couple days ago and the rep told me tough luck. I sent them an email and asked why others were receiving this promotion but not me. They gave me 10k instant points and 65k after I spend my first $1k. Big thanks to Iowa guy.
Message 17 of 29
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I want to get on these point bonuses too but I only have the option to upgrade and a cold app is probably going to lead me back to the upgrade page. I was just hit with the AF on my Green too. I want points!

Message 18 of 29
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@MrShush wrote:

I want to get on these point bonuses too but I only have the option to upgrade and a cold app is probably going to lead me back to the upgrade page. I was just hit with the AF on my Green too. I want points!

Clear your cookies or use a different browser.  Then you should be able to see the new app rather than getting routed to an upgrade option.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 29
IowaGuy
Contributor

Glad to help.

There is another offer for newIsh plat members that gives 100,000.

I was refraining from mentioning because for many, myself included, this is a not helpful. Instant gratification vs a hard pull and an upfront 450 dollar fee.
I still find whispers in in my mind...200 dollar in fees rebated (that's hard to use right) free ticket (that costs more then 2 normal tickets) lounge access (I fly nonstop routes, with people who wouldn't get in) global entry (I'd be waiting for the other people)
700 Club
Amex Gold PR, Main card, Role: rewards
Chase Amazon Visa, Role: Amex backup
Pen Fed Promise, Role: low APR, balances
Amazon Store Card, Role: 0% financing
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.