Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Chase Recon

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Help with Chase Recon

Hi!

I just app'ed for the CSP. I was given 30 day waiting message (bad sign I suppose).

Which number do I call on the recon list of numbers on that sticky?

The numbers are:

Chase: 800-436-7927 (App status - automated)

Chase: 888-270-2127 (App recon)
Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons)

Chase: 888-622-7547 (Chase Executive Ofc. in IL)

Chase: 800-955-9900 (Product change status questions)

Thanks!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: Help with Chase Recon

Start with app recon. Just tell them that you got the message and wanted to see if you can answer some questions to help them approve you.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 2 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

Thanks!

The message I got was: 

Here's what you can expect next:
We'll let you know of our decision through U.S. mail within the next 30 days. Please don't resubmit
this application while waiting for our decision.
If we approve your application, we'll send your card and other important information to you by U.S 
mail. Once you receive your card, call the number on the sticker right away so you can take 
advantage of everything your card has to offer.
If we don't approve your application, we'll send you a letter explaining why.

Sounds like rejection T______________________T

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 18
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

If it is, the CSR will recon on the spot and literally try to get you approved. Chase is awesome at recons. It took me three times back to back to back, but they ended up approving me for the freedom.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 4 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

do u remember what you said that finally managed to convince the analyst and sway things in your favor? thanks a lot!

btw, i was from UCLA too! 

Message 5 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Definitely call to recon. Make sure you are prepared with your cr to answer any questions. Chase usually pulls Ex in So Cal.

Good luck!
Message 6 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Yay! Another Bruin!
They asked me about my inq's. wanted to know if I was applying for a lot of credit Had 6 in the past year. I told her that 3 were from them, bought a car and opened an acct with a CU
Message 7 of 18
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

do u remember what you said that finally managed to convince the analyst and sway things in your favor? thanks a lot!

btw, i was from UCLA too! 

It was basically a revision of my answers to the questions about my entire credit history that were repeated with each recon. On the third recon, I pretty much had a feel for how they wanted me to answer. And "I was from UCLA too" doesn't make sense. You ARE from UCLA. Once a Bruin, forever a Bruin! No one can take that away from you.

My Wallet:
Message 8 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

haha thanks for the advice!

mmm im guessing it has to do with the 5 inquiries back in feb for my auto loan.

the dealership screwed me over on that literally. I qualified for BMW financing to start with, and yet they still inquired with other banks. I'm guessing they got lazy and sent out all the apps at the same time instead of waiting to hear back from BMW first

Message 9 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

That would be an easy recon... Let me be the first to congratulate you!
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.