Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helping my mom out

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Helping my mom out

My mom is terrible at taking care of herself. I finally just said eff it this weekend and started paying some of her backed bills. Got her garbage reinstated, about to pay her energy bill thats like 300. She refuses to pay bills until the account is about to be closed. I don't know why she does this. But I was thinking about automating her bills onto my accounts, the business won't accept her checks anymore she has to go to Fred Meyer and get cashiers checks. 

But I was wondering, if you guys know. If I start charging her stuff to my CC with it raise any red flags? Will my credit cards think my cards got stolen and close them? Or will her account snag my info and put me on her account officially with any further deliquencies be my deliquencies too?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Helping my mom out

no. your cards should not red flag. if they do. when they call. you just say you authorized the purchase. and no. her bills should not jump to you. make it clear. how much you will be paying. as they don';t try and hit your cards for any extra back charges. but its your mom. so ooh. well. good job. on taking on those responsibilities. good luck.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.