cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helping someone NO CREDIT... Who is approving?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Helping someone NO CREDIT... Who is approving?

I think I read mixed results with:

Discover

Amex BCE

who was your first card and within last month that you got it?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
mattmix36
Contributor

Re: Helping someone NO CREDIT... Who is approving?

My wife had nothing good on her credit (just baddies), and she got approved for 4 cards in the past 2 months.

USAA cash rewards (certain membership requirements) with a 1k credit limit.

Capital One with a 1k credit limit.

Chase sapphire Preferred with an 8k limit.

NFCU flagship rewards with a 16k limit.

Her credit rating was 650 and below among the different CRAs. (Really lucky with chase)

My Wallet: AMEX Platinum | Citi AAdvantage Exec $20k | Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $12k | United MileagePlus Club 8k | FNBO $25k | Chase Military Officers Club $9k | Discover IT $5.5k | BankAmericard $30k | PENFED Platinum Cash Rewards $10.5k | Barclay Rewards $6.15k | USAA AMEX $15k | USAA MC $16k | NFCU Flagship Rewards $25k | Logix $15k | Chase Ink Cash $12k | Paypal MC $5k | Walmart Discover $5.4k | Chase Freedom $2k | Sallie Mae $2k | Target RedCard $300 | JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton Rewards $5k | BoA Alaska $1k

Message 2 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@mattmix36 wrote:
My wife had nothing good on her credit (just baddies), and she got approved for 4 cards in the past 2 months.

USAA cash rewards (certain membership requirements) with a 1k credit limit.

Capital One with a 1k credit limit.

Chase sapphire Preferred with an 8k limit.

NFCU flagship rewards with a 16k limit.

Her credit rating was 650 and below among the different CRAs. (Really lucky with chase)

if she had a score, then she had credit? was she AU on your stuff or had student loans or?

Message 3 of 12
Luscher
Valued Contributor

my first card was the discover more.

I had 0 credit, and went to get an auto loan with a cosigner (approved).

The following month I applied for the discover and got approved (auto loan was not on my report at this point, but maybe had something to do with my approval?)

also, it was the normal discover card, not the student edition card.

CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 4 of 12
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Wow, that CSP approval with that score and only baddies with a 8k limit? Was that instant or did she speak with a recon rep? Someone was smoking some crack!! lol
Message 5 of 12
mattmix36
Contributor

She is an authorized user on my 6year old 20k line FNBO

My Wallet: AMEX Platinum | Citi AAdvantage Exec $20k | Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $12k | United MileagePlus Club 8k | FNBO $25k | Chase Military Officers Club $9k | Discover IT $5.5k | BankAmericard $30k | PENFED Platinum Cash Rewards $10.5k | Barclay Rewards $6.15k | USAA AMEX $15k | USAA MC $16k | NFCU Flagship Rewards $25k | Logix $15k | Chase Ink Cash $12k | Paypal MC $5k | Walmart Discover $5.4k | Chase Freedom $2k | Sallie Mae $2k | Target RedCard $300 | JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton Rewards $5k | BoA Alaska $1k

Message 6 of 12
amdm2013
Frequent Contributor

My mom got approved for CapOne with no credit history with a $500 CL. Her app for first declined but a month later she received a pre-approval offer. Two months later she got approved for the Duck Card with a $500 CL

After making two CapOne payments she got an auto CLI for $1.5k.
CSP: $20k / BarclayCard WMC: $20k / US Bank Sig: $12k / Diners Club: $10k / Macy's: $10k / CapOne QS: $8k / Sportsman's Visa: $7.5k / Overstock: $7.4k / Citi DP: $3.6k / US Bank LOC: $2.5k / Cabela's: $2k / Bank of Hawaii AmEx: $1.6k / Chase Marriott: $1.5k / Amazon Visa: $500
Message 7 of 12
abundancejones
Regular Contributor

@mattmix36 wrote:
She is an authorized user on my 6year old 20k line FNBO

@mattmix36, please come back and spell out what else was on her reports. I find that CSP approval amazing. 

Message 8 of 12
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Seeing a lot of Chase Freedom's and Discover IT's the past few days

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 9 of 12
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I think I read mixed results with:

Discover

Amex BCE

who was your first card and within last month that you got it?

Discover IT is my first card right now (student). I had 0 history when I applied. My very first try was for the student Cap1 card, because it said on their website it was to help build history, but after a triple pull, I was denied for not enough history. Smiley Mad So next I tried Discover, and got the 7-10 day message. After a few days I got an email saying welcome to Discover - approved for $500.

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.