Diners Cluib

Business Credit Cards

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: Hidden Trade Lines

John Deere

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JTC403 wrote:

List of Known Hidden Trade Lines? 

Sucks that they still hit you with a hard pull though.

Message 3 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

JPMorgan Select (applications no longer available).

Palladium.
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

When did hidden TLs come to fruition?  Is there any motivation by the banks to keep them that way?  Do they encourage folks to use them more, or carry balanaces, thus making the banks more money?

Most of these dont really have 0% promos, so you would be paying in full.  Aside from whatever perks they have, a charge card would do the same thing as far as utilization. But I guess other credit cards could see your balance on the charge card.

What are all the perks of a hidden TL excluding the obvious ones?

Message 5 of 16
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

PayPal Credit gives 0% interest and no payments for 6 months for most purchases over $99. That's incentive to me.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are the AmEx charge cards not considered hidden? I'm still trying to grasp how they impact things. 

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Are the AmEx charge cards not considered hidden? I'm still trying to grasp how they impact things. 

They report highest balance. Do not factor into utilization for fico 04/08, but do for '98.  They also impact AAOA. Not sure if repayment history is affected, I believe it is.

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They report highest balance. Do not factor into utilization for fico 04/08, but do for '98.  They also impact AAOA. Not sure if repayment history is affected, I believe it is.

So HIDDEN just totally don't show up at all? (I know, sounds like an obvious question, but humor me.) 

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So HIDDEN just totally don't show up at all? (I know, sounds like an obvious question, but humor me.) 

well.  other creditors can see your payment history I believe. they could see your highest balance. the way amex updates its not really a live report of how much you have on the card, im sure other places know that. amex is nowhere close to being hidden as far as charge cards.  they just dont factor into util. Its good for folks trying to micromanage their scores.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.