Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High % Cash Rebate Cards For All Purchases

tag
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

High % Cash Rebate Cards For All Purchases

I'm in the quest of maximizing my cash rewards right now, and I'm looking for cards that provide high percentage rate cash-back rewards for all purchases.

For the purpose of this discussion, cards like Amex Blue Cash that have tiers and cards like Discover More and Chase Freedom that provide excellent cash-back rates for bonus categories but that don't provide cash back greater than 1% on all purchases are out. For that matter, all cards that don't provide more than 1% cash back are out.

Try to provide as much information as you can, including card name, issuer, cash-back rate, cash-back terms, annual fees, etc.

Here goes...

CashBuilder Visa
PNC Bank
1.25-1.75% based on monthly spend and PNC banking relationships
0-$1,999/month - 1.25%
$2,000-$3,999/month - 1.50%
$4,000/month - 1.75%
Select PNC checking customers get a bonus of 0.25% or 0.50% with all rewards capped at 1.75%
No annual fee

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
rocketsfan85
Established Member

Re: High % Cash Rebate Cards For All Purchases

Maybe the Fidelity Amex or Visa might work for you.  2 percent back on the Amex and 1.5 percent on Visa.  Maybe someone on the forums who has either card can confirm you can use the card for everything including phone bills, utility bills and etc. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi Stan!

I personally love the Penfed Platinum Rewards card.

Once-upon-a-time, they provided 5% on Gas (still do)

2% on grocery stores

and 1.25% everywhere else

now they provide 5% on gas and 1% everywhere else. I like that they give me my cash back at the end of the statement as a statement credit - no waiting for the cash back to build upto a certain percentage.

Although, it is getting very little use right now (I have other new accounts that I have to spend a certain amount on within  3 months of opening to get a bonus) Smiley Happy

And I know, you didnt want this thread to have any cards that provide < or = 1% cash back!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

hi Stan!

I personally love the Penfed Platinum Rewards card.

Once-upon-a-time, they provided 5% on Gas (still do)

2% on grocery stores

and 1.25% everywhere else

now they provide 5% on gas and 1% everywhere else. I like that they give me my cash back at the end of the statement as a statement credit - no waiting for the cash back to build upto a certain percentage.

Although, it is getting very little use right now (I have other new accounts that I have to spend a certain amount on within  3 months of opening to get a bonus) Smiley Happy

And I know, you didnt want this thread to have any cards that provide < or = 1% cash back!

How hard is it to get approved for that card?  My main card these days is AMEX Clear and I may be trying to get something new/better in a few months.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.