Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High limit Credit Cards...

tag
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: High limit Credit Cards...

I would look at prequal for Venture. 

Chances are if you prequal for a low interest rate, you will get a high limit.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 11 of 33
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Looking for help in increasing credit limits and scores.
20 year old female college student.
Stats: Eq:704 Trans:669 Exp. 702
Credit: NFCU 6000. USAA 3000 Best Buy 2500
Trans score is due to a medical bill that’s not mine. Currently disputing.
Some of your post are fascinating!!! Any of your expertise would be greatly appreciated.

I would also add a card from AMEX and Discover. Read the threads about how to get credit line increases on the cards you have along with the AMEX and Discover threads. 

Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ABCD2199 Trying to figure out how to reply to individual responses.
I don’t carry balances on any of my cards. Use them and pay off when statement comes in.
I have a auto loan from NFCU for the last 15 months.
Message 13 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU CC for 18 months. Just got a CI from 2500 to 6k 2 months ago.
Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you TireGuy!
Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

☺️Thank you Peachbuttercup!
Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

👍Thank you manyQuestions!
Message 17 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank u ShootingFor800! That’s my objective as well.
PreMed Student by the way. Thought having a nice Credit limit by graduation would help me in my “expensive” career choice.
Message 18 of 33
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Welcome Jwlf. You are on the right track and congratulations for that.

You have 3 CCs and that’s good. To piggyback on prior posts—Yes, time is on your side. And yes, never, ever be late.

Since you have a NFCU CC, I’m assuming you have a checking account with them. If yes, set up bill pay; and if I were you, I would set for autopaying the minimum due. Also, take advantage of the overdraft feature so that your bills are always covered.

Let 2 of your CCs report 0 and 1 card report <9%. Try to always PIF and if you can’t, it’s best to pay 4-5 times or more the minimum due. Try not to carry balances for a long period of time even if you’re in a 0% Intro period.

And the most important thing of all is don’t spend more than you can afford to pay back. Also, putting monthly bills on your CCs that you have to pay anyway is a good thing—cell phone, utilities, cable, auto ins, etc.

GL to you.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@HeavenOhio.. Sorry. NFCU is a Visa, Best Buy is a retail card. Income is 26k a year. I’m also a member of the National Guard. All cards are at least a year old amd my NFCU CI was done 2 months ago.
I try and use at least 300-400per month on each card and pay them off fully each month.
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.