Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High limit credit card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

High limit credit card?

Ready to add a High limit credit card to the mix. What is out there right now that does not have some outrageous fee that I can get a 50k ish limit with?

score 820+

excellent income

37 REPLIES 37
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: High limit credit card?

Need to know what you currently have, how long is your credit history, what you value most cb or travel, and maybe any miltary affiliation. Plenty of possibilties but to narrow it down, Johnny 5 Need InputSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Established credit history 15+ years.

no military affiliation.

Cash Back over Travel.

Currently have AMEX Gold NPSL - 40,000 POT

and 1 Credit Card from my Credit Union 10k limit bank max.

Message 3 of 38
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Ready to add a High limit credit card to the mix. What is out there right now that does not have some outrageous fee that I can get a 50k ish limit with?

score 820+

excellent income

Paging @Mahraja... 

Paging @K-in-Boston...

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 4 of 38
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Does any of the AmEx revolvers interest you? Since you all ready have an account with them, it should be easier to get a decent starting limit. If not, they are known to grow.
Message 5 of 38
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Hey @JR_TX , let me help ya! @Mahraja @K-in-Boston Smiley Wink

Op, i do know a Cap One Venture card is known to give out high limits for many, ie 30k but ymmv. No military affiliation needed with Penfed but they might be an option with a 2% cb card. One caveat is they like to limit new members to10k for first 6 months.

Message 6 of 38
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

no military affiliation.

Cash Back over Travel.

Aside from AmEx Gold and the Credit Union card, do you have any other revolving history with CLs > or = $50K?   Chase can be generous if you're looking into some of their travel CCs, but they're not going to approve you with ...say, $40K out of the gate.   Similarly, CUs like UNFCU or First Tech can be some good prospects, for instance, but you may have to jump through some qualification and/or POI hoops.

Message 7 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome thanks AverageJoe
Message 8 of 38
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

no military affiliation.

Cash Back over Travel.

Hi and welcome to MyFICO

I would be surprised if there are any CCs out there that would give that kind of starting limit if one doesn't already have other CCs in place with similar limits. If you're saying you only have 2 CCs, I think this is going to be kind of difficult unless there are other CCs in your pocket with high limits during your 15-yr credit history.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 9 of 38
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

biz cards generally have the highest limits.  40-50 is easy on any of the Inks

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.