Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest Amex 3x cli without FR???

tag
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Highest Amex 3x cli without FR???

I was recently approved for the Amex everyday with a 21k cl.  Just wondering what is the highest 3x cl anyone has ever heard of someone getting without getting a FR.  I doubt I am going to get a 63k cl but maybe I could apply for 40k.  I don't want a FR not because I lied or have anything to hde I just like the fact the Amex would have such personal data on me.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Highest Amex 3x cli without FR???

You mean 4506-T rather than FR I assume.

No great answers are known.   In particular, if your current CL is $X and you ask for a Y increase, and get asked for a 4506-T, would you have been asked if you had requested a $Y/2 increase?   Some people have been told yes, i.e. given your current (unknowable) status with Amex, ANY request would get them to ask for a 4506-T.    Others aren't so sure.

But small requests can certainly do it, I was asked for one when I attempted $25K to $35K and most recently $42K - $50K

Message 2 of 11
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

No great answers are known.   In particular, if your current CL is $X and you ask for a Y increase, and get asked for a 4506-T, would you have been asked if you had requested a $Y/2 increase?   Some people have been told yes, i.e. given your current (unknowable) status with Amex, ANY request would get them to ask for a 4506-T.    Others aren't so sure.

But small requests can certainly do it, I was asked for one when I attempted $25K to $35K and most recently $42K - $50K

I guess I got the wording confused.  So is the big difference between the two is a FR if not answered would get an account closed but not sending in the 4506-t would just not get you the requested CLI is that correct?

Message 3 of 11
maceto
Contributor

For people with little history, but decent income will get one when hitting 35K, so max is 34.5. If been with Amex for years, this requirement is gone. Max I have seen in limit is 250K with amex, probably someone with a lot more, but doubt they hang out here
Message 4 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ezdoesit wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

I guess I got the wording confused.  So is the big difference between the two is a FR if not answered would get an account closed but not sending in the 4506-t would just not get you the requested CLI is that correct?

A FR means your accounts are suspended until Amex reviews your transcripts. Account closure will occur if you do not comply with the 4506. 

Requesting a CLI and they respond with a 4506 request, means your accounts are not suspended pending review. If you decide to not execute the 4506, your CLI request will be cancelled. 

Message 5 of 11
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

So I try and get this correct. Both the FR and a CLI you get the same 4506 just with the FR failure to comply will get your account closed where as the 4506 with a CLI you will get just get the request cancelled. Is that correct?
Message 6 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@ezdoesit wrote:
So I try and get this correct. Both the FR and a CLI you get the same 4506 just with the FR failure to comply will get your account closed where as the 4506 with a CLI you will get just get the request cancelled. Is that correct?

Yes (well a CLI MIGHT get that, or you will just get the amount you requested, a counter-offer or a decline)

Message 7 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

1. If you are asked for the form during a CLI, if you don't comply within 30 days they just cancel the request and you stay where you are.

2. If you are all out FR, your account is frozen and you have to comply or your account will be closed, when you comply you may remain where you are, you may decrease or rarely closed.

3. I dislike everytime someone throws out a magic number for what gets you FR or even CLI document request because Amex has 100% NO SET AMOUNT! so any numbers given are just opions on people or maybe they had it happen at that number so they now say that is the number but it's not... Considering you started SO HIGH I would "guess" you can probably go up quite a bit without issue but I'm also on the side of if they want to see it I would let them see it so I could get all the credit that I could because of the info they would see (i'm sure in your case with that credit line your credit and income is probably really good and if they can trust you they will lend ALOT!)

Message 8 of 11
maceto
Contributor

There is a lot of post where $34.5K is the magic number.. Even blogs. But I guess I should have SHOUTED more
Message 9 of 11
maceto
Contributor

I got an SPG with 21K after AU on a friends AU for 6 months. Asked to go to 30K after the magical 61 days. Salary is 140K. Asked then after 6 months to go to 40K - spoke to them and asked what is the highest I can go to? I told them I have heard there is a limit of 35K.. Was told so, so I said make it 33K (in case I want to increase down the line I have something hehe) will submit tax returns in Aug as now I have 2 years or full tax returns (only been in the US for just over 2 years)
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.