Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest GE CL youve seen?

tag
OwNt
New Contributor

Re: Highest GE CL youve seen?

I have a GE Paypal MC with a $15k limit.

jwduke,

I'm guessing the $124 resulted from a CLD due to inactivity?  

~~Credit Cards~~
Alliant Platinum Rewards Visa, AmEx BCP, BofA Power Rewards, Bank of the West Platinum, Barclay Rewards World MC, Chase Freedom/Chase Sapphire Preferred, Citi Thank You Preferred/Citi Dividend Select, Discover IT, FNBOmaha, Paypal MC, US Bank Cash+/US Bank Perks+.

Total: $300,000+ in lines.
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jwduke wrote:

How do you get CL lines like this on JCPenny's?? I have a 740 score, and other GEMB cards with $4,000+ CL....I have a CL of.......are you sitting down?.......$124!!!!!

I just use my card every now and then, nothing too expensive. I bought a belt with that card a month ago LOL. My Walmart currently has $4500 CL.

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OwNt wrote:

I have a GE Paypal MC with a $15k limit.

jwduke,

I'm guessing the $124 resulted from a CLD due to inactivity?  

GE cards seems to have higher CL when linked with Visa or MC

Message 13 of 21
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

@jwduke wrote:

How do you get CL lines like this on JCPenny's?? I have a 740 score, and other GEMB cards with $4,000+ CL....I have a CL of.......are you sitting down?.......$124!!!!!

Have you asked for one?  

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 14 of 21
jwduke
Regular Contributor

The 124 was the starting CL. I called and asked for a increase, and was told I needed to use it more. I said I dont want to go over a 30% Uti rate, as it will affect my score. The gal said thats the only way you are going to get a CLI......Soooooo, I'll use my other cards!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jwduke wrote:

The 124 was the starting CL. I called and asked for a increase, and was told I needed to use it more. I said I dont want to go over a 30% Uti rate, as it will affect my score. The gal said thats the only way you are going to get a CLI......Soooooo, I'll use my other cards!

As long as you pay it down below 10% before the statement cuts, you should be fine. How long have you had the card?

Message 16 of 21
marty56
Super Contributor

$7800 for an AC loan.

$4400 on my Sams card (started at 300) though.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 17 of 21
sandman2435
Established Contributor

Sams Club Business Discover 15K, Sams Club Personal Discover 10K ..I've had these accounts for quite some time
Message 18 of 21
CS800
Super Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:

I've seen Gap at $30K

Gap Visa or store card?

Message 19 of 21
jwduke
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jwduke wrote:

As long as you pay it down below 10% before the statement cuts, you should be fine. How long have you had the card?

4 years.....

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.