Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest GE Store Card CL

tag
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Highest GE Store Card CL

I've noticed that some people have a proportionally larger CL on some GE backed accounts vs their other GE accounts. For example, 4 accounts with CLs 500/500/500/6000. Are there a few GE accounts that just give higher initial CLs than the rest? Would be good accounts to open strictly for util purposes.

I have an amazon (700) and walmart (600), both 2 months old, if that makes a difference.

Thank you!
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Highest GE Store Card CL

My Amazon had $10,000 and Walmart Discover has $15,000
Paypal MC has $25,000.
All of their accounts grow. Check my sig.
Lol gotta give it 1-2 years and a Fico of 680+.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 34
ssdc1980
New Contributor

I have a Lowes card, Walmart card and the PayPal SC. I've had all three for a little over a year.
Lowes starting cl-$500, after 4 mo cli to $1000, then about 6 mo after that cli to $5000 (current)
PayPal SC starting cl-$600, after 4 mo cli to $1200, then 2 weeks ago cli to $2000
Walmart starting cl-$800, after 5 mo cli to $1600. 2 mo later auto cli to $2500, then about 2 mo ago it upgraded to discover with cli to $7500
Message 3 of 34
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
My Amazon had $10,000 and Walmart Discover has $15,000
Paypal MC has $25,000.
All of their accounts grow. Check my sig.
Lol gotta give it 1-2 years and a Fico of 680+.

What can you possibly buy at Amazon.com for 10k? LOL.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 4 of 34
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Thanks for the replies. Yes I plan on growing the accts every 4 statements. Mainly for util purposes...as previous poster suggested I don't see me dropping 10k at Wally or amazon in a month.

I was mainly inquiring about initial limits...ie what to app for next (high limits of 25k total with NFCU from paying off IRS and other old bills etc) to help util if possible...maybe after 4th statement with Wally/amazon get cli x2 and another GE account. Plan is after 8 months have NFCU at 50-60% ish and hopefully slide under 30% overall util with a few GE CLIs by that time. Something along those lines...

Would basically like under 30% by that time frame for a mortgage app. I'm already working a 2nd job and cut budget to the bone for quicker repayment...not much else I can do along those lines.

For example...seems everyone's CareCredit CLs are high in comparison to their other GE accts...but maybe it was just the few siggys I happened to look at.
Message 5 of 34
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I believe it has to do with the shop that the card is for. Lowe's most likely would be approved for a few thousand, while JC Penny would not. You can spend that much in JC Penny I suppose, but it's more likely you would spend  it in Lowe's.

Message 6 of 34
slothy
Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

a nice watch for 99k Smiley Very Happy

http://www.amazon.com/Millage-M3826-SS-Flying-Tourbillon-Collection/dp/B00946LMWQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=watch...

Message 7 of 34
thewally
New Contributor

The Amazon Store Card offers 0% financing for a period of time based on the dollar value of the purchase.  It's nice to be able to make a decent sized purchase but still keep your utilization low.

Message 8 of 34
chnceit
Valued Contributor

My Amazon store card is $13K Smiley Wink

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 9 of 34
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@slothy wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

a nice watch for 99k Smiley Very Happy

http://www.amazon.com/Millage-M3826-SS-Flying-Tourbillon-Collection/dp/B00946LMWQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=watch...

I can see spending 100k for a nice car with creature features where generally more money==more comfort. safety, power, and whatever one wants in a car. But watches are strange beasts. The best ones are the cheap ones. I have a watch I bought 6 years ago and have never set it since I got it. It has never needed a new battery or any kind of service. It keeps time automatically to the nearest second and even tracked when adjusted daylight savings time changes. It's a Casio for around $200 at the time but can be had these days well under $100.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.