Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest SL cc’s? advice?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Highest SL cc’s? advice?

Greetings, ive been an avid learner on this site for years. i finally decided to make an account as my credit had to be built back up from young and dumb mistakes.  I am in need of higher limit cc's. i am a residential real estate flipper, and i need cards with high enough starting line to cover larger purchases like materials for my projects without immediately dinging my uti.. Preferably cards that have a set min amount like the csr( min 10k) or the csp(min5k) etc. what other cards have such set limits or are known to give more generous SL's? 

PS: ive read post that its possible to minimize hard inq on your account by applying for more than one card for the same lender at same time. how is that done?

ex 773

eq 793

TU 803

total credit 30k

uti 1%

oldest account 11 yrs

any advice would be greatly apprecitated!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Highest SL cc’s? advice?

Do you shop at Lowes?
Message 2 of 20
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Just thinking about the materials you may be in need of:       Would you qualify for any biz cards?

Purchasing materials, like building supplies, we have Amex Lowe's Biz Rewards (mine is @ 21k after 2 months) plus for additional financing flexibility with 6+ months deferred interest (though personal) the Lowe's Advantage is very, very generous (synchrony bank). 

So the Amex Biz Lowe's would not ding your personal credit with use and there's also the Lowe's Pro Biz acct. (also synchrony bank) that does not ding your personal but idk if it would be as generous as the other two...it wasn't for us.  If not able to qualify for biz then the personal Lowe's Advantage may be a really great option for you just because it grows fast and offers more pymt. flexibility for those huge job$.  Gl on the rest.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for your Answer! unfortunately i dont think i would qualify for much biz credit, as i have no biz credit and my rehab biz is still too young. 

I will definitely look the lowes card! do you know of any none store cards that would be as generous?

Message 4 of 20
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Sorry I can't say becuz I started building personal credit a little over a year ago, biz credit 6 months ago and all my limits were very small and my scores sucked so......  But others here can/will chime in to guide you.  All I can say is since your scores are a pretty high be patient for more answers from the pros here and then you'll be able to make some informed decisions.  gl!   

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes i do! thank you. can you point me to any non store cards as well? 

Message 6 of 20
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

AMEX and Chase will give generous SLs if your income is adequate.

Also, BIZ cards are PG and will approve based on your personal credit worthiness. Yet, most do not report to your person credit report unless you get into trouble, thereby not dinging you for utilization.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikesonthemend wrote:

AMEX and Chase will give generous SLs if your income is adequate.

Also, BIZ cards are PG and will approve based on your personal credit worthiness. Yet, most do not report to your person credit report unless you get into trouble, thereby not dinging you for utilization.

Thanks for responding! yes ive heard of the pg for biz cards. my only concern is my business is still young, and they will probably give a very low sl for chase biz card because of lack of biz history and established income. Also which amex revolver cards would you recommend? thanks again!

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GApeachy wrote:

Just thinking about the materials you may be in need of:       Would you qualify for any biz cards?

Purchasing materials, like building supplies, we have Amex Lowe's Biz Rewards (mine is @ 21k after 2 months) plus for additional financing flexibility with 6+ months deferred interest (though personal) the Lowe's Advantage is very, very generous (synchrony bank). 

So the Amex Biz Lowe's would not ding your personal credit with use and there's also the Lowe's Pro Biz acct. (also synchrony bank) that does not ding your personal but idk if it would be as generous as the other two...it wasn't for us.  If not able to qualify for biz then the personal Lowe's Advantage may be a really great option for you just because it grows fast and offers more pymt. flexibility for those huge job$.  Gl on the rest.

Great posting! Helpful for those that may need business credit Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Took me almost 6 years to begin getting cards at $20k and above to star off with.  I began with scores in the 770s 6 years ago and haven't missed a payment yet.  If your business is young and so is your credit file then maybe they will age together and you'll be in better shape than you would have been if you got lots of credit quickly.

Trust me, we all want to know where the big limit quick cards are.  That's the ultimate catch here.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.