Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest cashback for utilities

tag
cahoot2005
Valued Member

Highest cashback for utilities

I have a Barclay Rewards card that gets 2% back on utilities.  Anything out there 3% that I don't know about?  Looking for places I might inch up when I add a couple accounts after the first of the year after a year of gardening.  Score right at 800, so most cards are a possibility with planning.

I would also be interested if anyone knew of a biz card that gets 2% or more on utilities.  I have multiple businesses, so a bump here could help too.  Currently catch all at 1.5% on Chase Ink Unlimited for some, and 2x MR on an amex biz blue on another....The Barclay card above is a personal card if that wasn't clear.

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: Highest cashback for utilities

US Bank Cash+ has 5% on 2 categories you pick.

"Utilities" is a popular category.

It has  $25 minimum redemption threshold for cashback.

Message 2 of 33
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature has 5% cashback on up to $2000 in spend per quarter for 2 different categories combined that you can select. Utilities is one of the available categories.

As for questions regarding business cards, you will need to create a thread in the Business Credit section.  Discussion of business cards is not a suitable topic for this section of the forum.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 33
Hex
Valued Contributor

BBVA Clearpoints if you choose utilities as you catagory it's 3%. AOD Signature Visa is 3% on everything. 

Message 4 of 33
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Kforce wrote:

US Bank Cash+ has 5% on 2 categories you pick.

"Utilities" is a popular category.

It has  $25 minimum redemption threshold for cashback.

Not sure a $25 minimum redemption applies. I've been using my Cash+ to pay my electric bill and my cash back is just under $15. I use it as soon as it posts to lower my balance. 

Now, the USB Business Cash card does have a $25 minimum redemption but "utilities" is not a bonus category. 

Message 5 of 33
cahoot2005
Valued Member

Thanks, I already have the AOD on the list.  I have several rentals, so when they are empty I get a few utility bills, throughout the year as they turn over so I am high spend in this category.  I'll take a closer look at the BBVA, too.

Message 6 of 33
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

1AB83880-1F9B-4BFC-8A57-FCAEE415856C.jpeg

While my recent redemptions have been much higher, definitely confirming no minimum.

Message 7 of 33
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

1AB83880-1F9B-4BFC-8A57-FCAEE415856C.jpeg

While my recent redemptions have been much higher, definitely confirming no minimum.

Well, to be overly-precise, the text on the web page says that there is a minimum of $0.01 !   So none of those fun and games trying to redeem half a cent here, 0.3c another time!

Message 8 of 33
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

@cahoot2005 wrote:

I have a Barclay Rewards card that gets 2% back on utilities.  Anything out there 3% that I don't know about?  Looking for places I might inch up when I add a couple accounts after the first of the year after a year of gardening.  Score right at 800, so most cards are a possibility with planning.

I would also be interested if anyone knew of a biz card that gets 2% or more on utilities.  I have multiple businesses, so a bump here could help too.  Currently catch all at 1.5% on Chase Ink Unlimited for some, and 2x MR on an amex biz blue on another....The Barclay card above is a personal card if that wasn't clear.

US Bank Business Cash is 3% for first 180 day's on all spend, after which it's 3% on gas, office supplies and cellular providers 

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 9 of 33
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Please decide if you wish to discuss business or personal credit. 

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.