Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest limit credit card with 676 credit score

tag
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Re: Highest limit credit card with 676 credit score

Since you only have one account on file let your account age till at least 6 months before applying for anything. You should see anywhere from a 1-3k approval i'm assuming, I only had small limits (300,950,1500..) Etc, till NFCU gave me 13.3K.. My oldest account on record at the time was about 14 months.
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Capital One is really good with CLI. I started out with $1,000 and after 1 year I am at $7,500 and I am a student. Not too bad.

Results will vary by person, though.

For every success story there's an unsuccessful one.  Take me for example.  From my perspective Capital One is horrible with CLIs; I've had mine for 15 months now and have received two $500 CLIs to take me from $3000 to $4000 while using their card as my daily driver for all of those months with $1000-$1500 run through it every month while PIF. 

Message 12 of 18
happypill
Valued Contributor

Capital One gave me $30k on a Venture about a year ago.  My scores were in the 670 neighborhood at the time.  I did have quite a bit of experience with their cards and used mine heavily before finally getting the $30k limit.  Six months prior they gave me a Venture at $5k, then bumped to $7.5k after about 4 months.  I got the big limit when I applied for a 2nd Venture.

So, as others have pointed out, it depends on a lot more than just score.  Keep in mind, there's no upside for a bank if they issue a high limit that you don't use, just risk.  Showing them that you can handle progressivly higher limits, using the cards heavily and PIF with very low util is a good plan of action if you're looking for high limits.

Message 13 of 18

I've got a 678 and just got a 1k Hilton amex to replace my old Costco amex, which tied for my lowest opening limit, but then again like others are saying, it varies since our files are completely different
22 year old college student
Current Cards:
AMEX BCE 5.8k, AMEX Gold NPSL, AMEX Costco TrueEarnings 2k, BOFA Bankamericard Travel Rewards 4.5k, Discover IT 2.5k, Chase Freedom 4.1k, Kay 4.5k
Message 14 of 18
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I was recently approved for a credit card from Cap one with CL of $200. And I'm just starting out in building up my credit. It's my only account on file. I applied in April and it's been 3 months old. Anyone got approved for anything higher with a credit score of 676 or below? I just need to know what kind of CL's I'm looking at if I want to apply for more accounts.

If you just keep using and paying down your card Capital One will give you an auto CLI.

A good card to try for now would probably be the Barclay Rewards card, if your TU FICO8 is 676.

I disagree with those recommending BOA and Discover; I think you're more likely than not to get turned down.

You might want to check the American Express prequalified offers; if you have pre-qualification for the Blue Cash Everyday, grab it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a love/hate with Capital One.  Love they gave me my first opportunity at rebuilding. I started out w/Platinum at $300 now after 8 months ...all I have gotten is a $100 credit limit increase and then a 2nd one at $350.  I was running everything through there.  I apped for a 2nd Capital One and got a $500 starting ...   I then app'd for Discover a month later received a 3.5K.  Same day did Citi AAdvantage received a 4K starting limit.  

I totally resigned that Captal One has me on some kind of set schedule and no matter what I do they wont show me love. 

So I rolled my Platinum into my QS1 so that I have a $1250 limit.  It is what it is.... love them... but Smiley Sad they don't love me back. 

I believe that we all have to know ourselves ... sometimes apping is our stats and sometimes its some luck. 

Plus what kind of baddies, AAoA, income yada yada yada.  

I would try the prequal for Discover... although its not the best prequal but rumor has it if it gives you a different alternate color of card with a small percentage window...  (PS this never worked for me... I waited and when I seen my Equifax FICO (not FAKO) hit 695 I apped)  

Love Love Love Love Discover !  They were my most coveted card. 

Or may I suggest PenFed.  Small Donation and a $5 savings account gets you in with 1 Equifax hardpull good for 3 months.  

Generous Starting Limits and you are in with a Top 3 Credit Union that you can finance/refinance auto's etc.  There is a 148 page thread here on myFico.  Read Read Read.  

Please keep up posted if you garden or if you app.  

PS I am gardening until I see opportunity for my last desired card AMEX BCE !   

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a love/hate with Capital One.  Love they gave me my first opportunity at rebuilding. I started out w/Platinum at $300 now after 8 months ...all I have gotten is a $100 credit limit increase and then a 2nd one at $350.  I was running everything through there.  I apped for a 2nd Capital One and got a $500 starting ...   I then app'd for Discover a month later received a 3.5K.  Same day did Citi AAdvantage received a 4K starting limit.  

I totally resigned that Captal One has me on some kind of set schedule and no matter what I do they wont show me love. 

So I rolled my Platinum into my QS1 so that I have a $1250 limit.  It is what it is.... love them... but Smiley Sad they don't love me back. 

I believe that we all have to know ourselves ... sometimes apping is our stats and sometimes its some luck. 

I would try the prequal for Discover... although its not the best prequal but rumor has it if it gives you a different alternate color of card with a small percentage window...  (PS this never worked for me... I waited and when I seen my Equifax FICO (not FAKO) hit 695 I apped)  

Or may I suggest PenFed.  Small Donation and a $5 savings account gets you in with 1 Equifax hardpull good for 3 months.  

Generous Starting Limits and you are in with a Top 3 Credit Union that you can finance/refinance auto's etc.  There is a 148 page thread here on myFico.  Read Read Read.  

Couldnt agree more, especially about PenFed, my CC is for 45K.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Couldnt agree more, especially about PenFed, my CC is for 45K.

That is an awesome amount !!!   I am still figuring what next to app for with PennFed... 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.