Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highest limit for TD/Target MC ?

tag
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Highest limit for TD/Target MC ?

So far it looks like $15,000 is the highest here.
On Reddit, someone who has had their card for 17 years has a $17,000 limit.
Message 21 of 62
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Highest limit for TD/Target MC ?

Bump (for anyone higher.)
Message 22 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

MC Target RedCard CL

I'm curious what typical CL's are for the card, MC or store card. I've noticed that my CL has been automatically increased more frequently than any of my other cards, and is also more than double my next highest limit card. I'm aware there are a lot of factors that go into a lenders increasing limits, but I was still hoping to see if there was any pattern. Below I've listed the history of my CL on the card

300 - 6 months

600 - 3 months

1800 - 1 month

6000 - 6 months

8000 - 6 months

10000 - 6 months

12000 - 1 month (Current limit)

It seems there is now a consistent pattern of increasing in 2000 increments every 6 months. 

I do pay it full every month and spend anywhere betweeen $20 - 80 a month every month. Thanks for any feedback

Message 23 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: MC Target RedCard CL

Congratulations on those increases. Not really sure what you're asking - if this is even a question or just DP's for the card? But, CL's and CLI's are profile specific.

Message 24 of 62
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Nobody knows why, we just call it the train. Once you start getting increases, you'll continue on a 3, 4, or 6 month pattern for a while. There's also no rhyme or reason for the amount they increase.

Message 25 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was hoping to see other people's experiences with the card and compare to mine; so you are right I was looking to share DP's but also see some others. As you said, CL and CLI are profile specific, but I'm curious.

Message 26 of 62
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

I was approved for 2k in August 2019 and put between 200-500 on it each month.  Always PIF before statement cuts.  No CLI love.  Going to start let balances post and then paying them.  I might also not be getting CLIs because they were IIB in 7/2018.  Honestly I was shocked to even get a card with them so soon.  I don't really need a higher limit, but I'd like to eventual switch over to the MC version.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 27 of 62
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

I'm also at that $15,000 mark.  Put about $1,000/month through it, but it started out as a $500 limit in 2013.

Message 28 of 62
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was hoping to see other people's experiences with the card and compare to mine; so you are right I was looking to share DP's but also see some others. It is said, CL and CLI are profile specific, but I'm curious.

Welcome to myFICO.  My experience with the Target card is similiar to yours. 
Here is another thread with more details on some people's Target CLI:

myFICO thread Target CLI

Message 29 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is $15,000.

Message 30 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.