Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hilton Aspire Cardholders Any Feedback?

tag
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Hilton Aspire Cardholders Any Feedback?

Anyone care to share his/her experiences over the last year or two as to how the Hilton Aspire card has worked for you and/or your feelings on if it was worth the card investment for Diamond status?  I've seen plenty of approvals this year but not much in regards to a follow-up on them.  *Asking for a friend..

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

Re: Hilton Aspire Cardholders Any Feedback?

I am a Diamond member with Hitlon Pripor to the card and also Lifetime Platinum with Marriott. I have both of their high end cards.

I can list many many benefits of both cards and how the credits itself off set the the fee and you can read post on those as well.

I will like to share something else, the Diamond status.
In my humble opinion the Diamond status alone is worth more than the annual fee, the reason why there are different tiers is because, believe it or not, a Silver/Gold member will be given different “treatment” as in perks, than a Diamond.
They have designated floors just for Diamond members (which is really nice) if your ever stuck someone where your Diamond status alone will get you a room.
So again, in my humble opinion have a Diamond status alone is worth it, with out that or if the status does not matter to you, get the Ascend card.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 24
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

Curious on this as well. I had the Ascend card and just upgraded to the Aspire for 150,000 points. I figured this was a no brainer. I am hoping I am right. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 3 of 24
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Message 4 of 24
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

I can't comment on the Diamond status effect yet because i haven't booked a room yet i can say i have already took advantage of the $250 airline credit also recieved my priority pass select membership kit. Also with Diamond u should get free breakfast i took the upgrade offer for the $150K points they should post later this month.

Message 5 of 24
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

@Cred4All wrote:

I am going try my best to keep it short ...i tend to tell stories...

@Anonymous reason why there is a Diamond is because DIAMOND is different, there is a SEPARATE line for a DIAMOND DESK which I have used many times, but most recently for my Disney vacations with my family.  I was short about 32,152 ( Some odd number of points )  points and I called to simply ask Diamond how I can book it since I am short and I didn't want to my extra points for extra points to be left over, the gentleman was very nice and ask me how old my kids were and small talk, not the normal reading off a screen, long story short - he comes back and he states "I found a few things for you in my Diamond Hat" - 1. Free upgrade to a 2 room 2 bath living suite @ the NORMAL room Points value  ( I planned on asking for this but he beat me to the punch )  2. The dally resort fee of $50.00 - Bwam GONE ! ...at this point I was excited and was ready to pay for the points ! why ? with Hilton you can Use your points like CASH and stay at a Normal Room for XX,XXX points per night and stay in a Suite for XXX,XXX points per night. Lastly he GAVE ME THE EXTRA POINTS FOR FREE and booked my room and all !

This will not happen with a GOLD status, TRUST ME.  I also had a situation in Daytona Beach Florida Hilton, Hilton Daytona, when I arrived they gave me a nice room with a ocean view, no issues.... after dinner I come back to the hotel and the whole floor for some reason had a bunch of yougn kids goign wild, again, long story short here, when I called the front desk, I ask nicely if there were any more rooms in a different floor, she just clocked in and just did a quick glance and it was at 100% capacity, I forgot to ask her about the Diamond floor and also i was checking my app and my app told me it was sold out too, so she offered me some points for the "loud floor".  After I hang up, 3 minutes later the front desk manager calls me and says "Mr.Shin, I was just over hearing your conversation and I apologize for the loud noise and apologize for "Jane Doe" not checking the Diamond floor as she just clocked in, I am sending a gentleman up there with your new room keys on the Diamond Floor.  The Diamond floor was SOOOO quite and nice.....

So, with all that being said, the $450 fee will take care of it self with the other "credits" from American Express, but the Diamond Status in my opinion.....is Price Less.  Ask yourself this, Can you put a price on time or experience ?

I can also tell you a story about our Hawaii Hilton stay but....it be toooo long but I can share a picture of the view from the "Diamond Upgrade"

hawaii 1.JPGhawaii 2.JPGDiamond.png

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PointsBonus wrote:

@Cred4All wrote:

I am going try my best to keep it short ...i tend to tell stories...

@Anonymous reason why there is a Diamond is because DIAMOND is different, there is a SEPARATE line for a DIAMOND DESK which I have used many times, but most recently for my Disney vacations with my family.  I was short about 32,152 ( Some odd number of points )  points and I called to simply ask Diamond how I can book it since I am short and I didn't want to my extra points for extra points to be left over, the gentleman was very nice and ask me how old my kids were and small talk, not the normal reading off a screen, long story short - he comes back and he states "I found a few things for you in my Diamond Hat" - 1. Free upgrade to a 2 room 2 bath living suite @ the NORMAL room Points value  ( I planned on asking for this but he beat me to the punch )  2. The dally resort fee of $50.00 - Bwam GONE ! ...at this point I was excited and was ready to pay for the points ! why ? with Hilton you can Use your points like CASH and stay at a Normal Room for XX,XXX points per night and stay in a Suite for XXX,XXX points per night. Lastly he GAVE ME THE EXTRA POINTS FOR FREE and booked my room and all !

This will not happen with a GOLD status, TRUST ME.  I also had a situation in Daytona Beach Florida Hilton, Hilton Daytona, when I arrived they gave me a nice room with a ocean view, no issues.... after dinner I come back to the hotel and the whole floor for some reason had a bunch of yougn kids goign wild, again, long story short here, when I called the front desk, I ask nicely if there were any more rooms in a different floor, she just clocked in and just did a quick glance and it was at 100% capacity, I forgot to ask her about the Diamond floor and also i was checking my app and my app told me it was sold out too, so she offered me some points for the "loud floor".  After I hang up, 3 minutes later the front desk manager calls me and says "Mr.Shin, I was just over hearing your conversation and I apologize for the loud noise and apologize for "Jane Doe" not checking the Diamond floor as she just clocked in, I am sending a gentleman up there with your new room keys on the Diamond Floor.  The Diamond floor was SOOOO quite and nice.....

So, with all that being said, the $450 fee will take care of it self with the other "credits" from American Express, but the Diamond Status in my opinion.....is Price Less.  Ask yourself this, Can you put a price on time or experience ?

I can also tell you a story about our Hawaii Hilton stay but....it be toooo long but I can share a picture of the view from the "Diamond Upgrade"

hawaii 1.JPGhawaii 2.JPGDiamond.png

Nice read. Thanks Viper🥓

Message 7 of 24
iced
Valued Contributor

@PointsBonus wrote:
I am a Diamond member with Hitlon Pripor to the card and also Lifetime Platinum with Marriott. I have both of their high end cards.

I can list many many benefits of both cards and how the credits itself off set the the fee and you can read post on those as well.

I will like to share something else, the Diamond status.
In my humble opinion the Diamond status alone is worth more than the annual fee, the reason why there are different tiers is because, believe it or not, a Silver/Gold member will be given different “treatment” as in perks, than a Diamond.
They have designated floors just for Diamond members (which is really nice) if your ever stuck someone where your Diamond status alone will get you a room.
So again, in my humble opinion have a Diamond status alone is worth it, with out that or if the status does not matter to you, get the Ascend card.

Hope this helps.

To add a second opinion, this is either a recent change for the better on Hilton's part or Diamond is very much YMMV. To be fair, the last year I was Hilton Diamond was 2014, but the reason I'm now a Marriott loyalist is largely due to just how underwhelming Diamond status was.

The reservations guarantee aside, I found upgrades as a Diamond nearly non-existant and the upgrades I was given were to the "executive" floors, which were not Diamond-only. You did earn more HHonors points, but those are also pretty devalued - I still have 500,000 or so I can't find a meaningful redemption for.

One interesting anecdote to cap off my Hilton days was that in 2015, the first time I stayed at a Hilton after I fell to Silver (Hilton Hawaiian Village, actually) - they upgraded me to the corner room on the 29th floor of the Rainbow Tower. When I went a few years earlier as a Diamond, my upgrade was only to a high floor with a partial ocean view. Yes, I got a better upgrade as a Silver than I did as a Diamond, and Silvers aren't even supposed to get upgrades!

It might have been the properties I chose (I was about half international and half mid-grade domestic such as Garden Inns, Embassy Suites, and regular Hiltons, but rarely Waldorfs or Conrads or the like), or maybe they fixed the program since then, but if I were giving advice from my experience I would say Diamond is a marginal upgrade at best over Gold, and that marginal is only because of the added point accrual.

I did receive gifts for being Diamond, but they were worthless trinkets such as a deck of playing cards. Marriott does not ship me gifts for being Platinum (or Platinum Premier), though.

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cred4All wrote:

Anyone care to share his/her experiences over the last year or two as to how the Hilton Aspire card has worked for you and/or your feelings on if it was worth the card investment for Diamond status?  I've seen plenty of approvals this year but not much in regards to a follow-up on them.  *Asking for a friend..

My experiences as a Diamond is somewhat opposite...  Upgrade - dont even expect unless it is Conrad / WA and without asking.   Diamond Desk - not much help, a couple of times disconnected calls and they never called back.   Breakfast - not much impressed.

But I am happy with other Aspire perks like $250 airline credit and points reward. In less than a year, I have accumulated about 500k points unintentionally....  I am saying uninternally, because Hilton portfolio is not impressive or off the locatoin for the places I travel most in Central / Northern Europe.    

Message 9 of 24
PointsBonus
Established Contributor

I am sorry that some of you have had a bad experience with Diamond, again I can only speak from my experience. Platinum with Marriott a Diamond with Hilton, they have BOTH been great and went beyond their normal call for me.

Thank you all

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.