cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hilton Aspire upgrade offer - Is there a time limit to accept?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hilton Aspire upgrade offer - Is there a time limit to accept?

My Hilton Ascend is 1 year old.  I looked at my account today and I now have an upgrade offer with 150K SUB after 4K spend.  I've searched and read enough posts here already to know it's a legit offer and I've weighed the pros and cons about the upgrade.  My question is whether or not there is a small window of time to accept before the offer is rescinded? I don't want to jump on it right now only because I'm transitioning some things at work and financially to start the year, and want to give myself 30 days to have everything addressed.  I have a 0% BT that will expire in a couple months so I want to pay that off before I commit to the 4K spend.  I would contact Amex directly to discuss, but I don't want to tip my hat that I'm interested but need time to respond.  Any idea? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Hilton Aspire upgrade offer - Is there a time limit to accept?

There is probably not a stated date when you need to accept the offer. Thus AMEX can withdraw it at any time.

I jumped on my SPG Lux and Hilton Aspire upgrade offers almost as soon as I saw each of them.

I have recently had upgrade offers on my Gold, it was 25,000 points for a while then they increased the offer during late December to 60,000 MR to go to the Platinum. I ignored all the offers.

As of now there is no points offer for me to upgrade Gold to Platinum.

If the upgrade offer is not obviously something you feel you need, then there is no rush to upgrade. The Aspire has a $450 AF. I already had a stay booked that was able to use the $250 Hilton credit, but only specific properties use that. The airline fee credit is nice, but only if you are planning to use that for flights you have an inkling you will take. $250 is a lot of snacks on a lot of flights.

It sounds to me like this may be an offer you want to ignore.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 2 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

OP, echoing the above comments, the upgrade offers tend to fluctuate IME. They could display this week and gone the next. I tend to evaluate them on a case-by-case basis as they pop up, if there's great, long-term value, sure I'll bite. Otherwise, I pass on them.

Just keep in mind that there isn't a set period on how long they display, even on incognito.
Message 3 of 7
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

If you ever want the Aspire card, I would jump on the upgrade offer as soon as you can. For several reasons, it's a much better Hilton card.

I stay at Hilton properties often and earned Diamond status a couple of years ago on my own. I've had the Ascend card for several years and expected an offer to upgrade to the Aspire card. When that never came, I went ahead last September and applied separately for the Aspire card. Got the 150K SUB and then canceled my Ascend card because I don't need two Hilton AMEX cards.

I didn't earn Diamond status last year but will continue to have it through the Aspire card. IMHO, that alone is worth the upgrade!

Good luck!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the replies everyone! Smiley Happy While I definitely want this card (and the offer is still sitting on my account), I will hold off for now.  I noticed that my Hilton spend has reverted back to $0 with the new year and think if I am consistent with my use this year, the offer will stay or resurface when I'm ready.

Message 5 of 7
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

I’d been waiting for some kind of upgrade offer on either my SPG or Hilton card. Actually saw an upgrade offer to the SPG Lux and wanted to jump on it but decided I’d look at it again in an hour and it was gone by then Smiley Sad Hopefully that didn’t/won’t happen to you but just letting you know of a DP!

Message 6 of 7
CBartowski
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My Hilton Ascend is 1 year old.  I looked at my account today and I now have an upgrade offer with 150K SUB after 4K spend.  I've searched and read enough posts here already to know it's a legit offer and I've weighed the pros and cons about the upgrade.  My question is whether or not there is a small window of time to accept before the offer is rescinded? I don't want to jump on it right now only because I'm transitioning some things at work and financially to start the year, and want to give myself 30 days to have everything addressed.  I have a 0% BT that will expire in a couple months so I want to pay that off before I commit to the 4K spend.  I would contact Amex directly to discuss, but I don't want to tip my hat that I'm interested but need time to respond.  Any idea? 

Though it may not be stated, there is definitely a time limit. I had the Plat 100k offer for a few weeks and when it came time for me to apply it was gone. Moral is I took too long to decide I suppose.

CARDS:
AMEX CS Plat | NSL -- Chase Freedom Flex | $19,000
AMEX Gold | NSL -- Citi Double Cash | $10,000
AMEX HH NAF | $1,000 -- Uber Visa | $5,000
CSR | $29,000 -- USAA Plat | $8,000
USAA AMEX | $23,000 -- MB Boundless | $11,900 -- CFU | $3,600 -- PenFed Pathfinder | $10,000 -- MS Plat | NSL

BANKS:
NFCU | USAA | PenFed | Schwab Bank | First Bank | Chase
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.