Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hilton or Marriott CC?

tag
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Hilton or Marriott CC?

Hello all,

I'm looking for thoughts/advice on which hotel credit card to choose. Some background:

-My wife has the SPG AMEX (no longer obtainable). She uses this for work traveling and most of her everyday spend.

-I just hit 5/24 (I believe my oldest will drop off January 2020)

-There are no pre-qualified offers showing for chase (maybe because of 5/24?) and AMEX has prequalification for HH showing

-With Chase I have the Sapphire (just downgraded from CSP) and the Freedom

I would like to diversify my cards (I don't have any AMEX), but I can't justify the Marriott Brilliant card with the AF. That leaves me with Hilton Honors with AMEX or Marriott with Chase. Since my wife uses the SPG card, I'm curious if you guys think it would be better for me to stick with Marriott and get a SUB with another VISA card (I assume Marriott points can be shared/pooled) or if I should further diversify both hotels and credit cards with an AMEX.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Khooks2
Established Member

Re: Hilton or Marriott CC?

Well, realistically, outside of the SUB will you stay at Hilton’s? If not then get Marriott.

Message 2 of 3
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Re: Hilton or Marriott CC?

@Khooks2 wrote:
Well, realistically, outside of the SUB will you stay at Hilton’s? If not then get Marriott.

Like when we fly, we use whatever is cheapest. We obviously stay at Marriott's when we have the points, though. If we had both rewards programs, we'd probably stay at whichever hotel would cost us the least percentage of the total points (since they are both valued differently).

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.