Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holly Cow Chase Southwest and question about redistribute

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Holly Cow Chase Southwest and question about redistribute

That's the exact same "milk-run" I used to make all the time.

There is an upcoming devaluation of SW points which was released this week, taking effect in March 2014. Approximate devaluation of 14%.

OT

High speed rail is in the work's for that route. Now just need to get a plan for high speed rail on my SFO to SEA "milk-run".

Estimated completion for the SF to LA route is around 2030 and it should be a two and a half hour trip.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 11 of 17
enharu
Super Contributor

Ow didn't quite expect SW points to undergo devaluation as well. SW overall is a pretty good airline to fly for short haul flights. I don't really need a cozy seat that can recline or a special entertainment system for a flight that's going to land in less than an hour.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 12 of 17
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:
Ow didn't quite expect SW points to undergo devaluation as well. SW overall is a pretty good airline to fly for short haul flights. I don't really need a cozy seat that can recline or a special entertainment system for a flight that's going to land in less than an hour.

Agreed, but I would at least prefer assigned seating.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 13 of 17
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval! Southwest is my favorite followed closely by United and then Delta. IMHO, Southwest is just really really nice.

Message 14 of 17
john398
Senior Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

That's the exact same "milk-run" I used to make all the time.

There is an upcoming devaluation of SW points which was released this week, taking effect in March 2014. Approximate devaluation of 14%.

OT

High speed rail is in the work's for that route. Now just need to get a plan for high speed rail on my SFO to SEA "milk-run".

Estimated completion for the SF to LA route is around 2030 and it should be a two and a half hour trip.

is that the one from the Testla guy where you can make the trip in 30 min?

Message 15 of 17
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congrats OP! Very nice limit!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 17
john398
Senior Contributor

***SUCESS*** they were able to move some of my available credit line of to Chase Disney right away, I did 2k move

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.