Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy Cow!! I really love NFCU

tag
tryingtostartover
Valued Member

Holy Cow!! I really love NFCU

Just for the heck of it I decided to apply for a CC with NFCU since I did a pretty good job of improving my credit. Up to this point my highest limit was $1000. I get this message:

"Congratulations! Based on your credit worthiness, you have been approved for a nRewards Mastercard. Your credit line will be $17,000."

Happy New Year to me!!!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
tbc
New Contributor

Re: Holy Cow!! I really love NFCU

congrats.......WTG

1-1-11 350's TU/EQ
MYFICO TU 656
EQUIFAX 593 TODAY
GOAL: HEAVEN
Message 2 of 14
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

That's awesome!!

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tryingtostartover wrote:

Your credit line will be $17,000.

The credit limits that NFCU gives out never cease to amaze me.  Happy New Year INDEED!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!  Smiley Happy 

Message 4 of 14
tryingtostartover
Valued Member

Thank you everyone!! I am truly shocked at the CL myself. I would read about people getting these insane limits and just figured they all had 6 figure incomes...but low and behold here I am with an insane CL!!

Wishing everyone a healthy, happy and safe New Year!!

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just for the heck of it I decided to apply for a CC with NFCU since I did a pretty good job of improving my credit. Up to this point my highest limit was $1000. I get this message:

"Congratulations! Based on your credit worthiness, you have been approved for a nRewards Mastercard. Your credit line will be $17,000."

Happy New Year to me!!!

Congrats! I wish I could be a member of NFCU Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 14
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Would you mind sharing your current credit score?
Message 7 of 14
CS800
Super Contributor

Happy New Year to me!!!

Congrats !!

NFCU are always great with their CL

Message 8 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Gotta love credit unions, especially those who are building/ rebuilding and now have clean reports for the last few years!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 14
tryingtostartover
Valued Member

Well, my scores are: 752 from Equifax, 722 from TU and 735 from Experian (auto loan approval) I have a fairly thin credit history. My oldest acct is almost 9 yo (paid loan) and I have 3 CC's the oldest of which is 5 years old. New to the mix is an auto loan I took out last week for 30K. NOW, when I started rebuilding at the beginning of the year I had 13 old baddies and my scores were in the crapper!! But I had to do a lot of GW-ing to the point of corpal tunnel Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.