Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy Cow! New Discover More

tag
tiger67
Regular Contributor

Holy Cow! New Discover More

Last month I received a Discover More preapp, but after reading of the low initial credit limits didn't apply. Today I received another preapp (they have been pulling prm on EQ). Since only one of my recent new accounts, AAFCU 10,000 cl, have reported, I thought WTH. Applied online - instant approval. The online site didn't state the intial credit limit, so I called CS.

I nearly swallowed my tongue when the CSR said $15,000. This is my highest limit. I think I will stop applying now, just couldn't help myself.Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
pattycake
Established Contributor

Re: Holy Cow! New Discover More

Wow, tiger, congrats!!!  What are your FICOs?
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 2 of 12
tiger67
Regular Contributor

Last month EQ 751, EX 750, TU 762 mortgage app

Yesterday EQ 735, 1 new account and 7 new inq

Today EQ723, paid my 1 balance reporting card to $0 by accident and lost 12 points

Message 3 of 12
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

In order to get a $15K initial CL from Discover you must have both other high CL's and a high income. Anything over $5K from Discover is big time.

Message 4 of 12
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

tiger67, that is absolutely outstanding, especially for Discover!

Major congratulations to you!!

Message 5 of 12
tiger67
Regular Contributor

Thanks. I was quite shocked to say the least. My highest cl before this was 10,000 and it just opened this month. This makes 5 for 5 on new apps in the last 3 weeks, adding 45,000 cl and an AmEx charge. It's time to stop and let them age. I'm going to hate the score change when they all start reporting next month. The only good thing is I had the AmEx redated to 1988, so it will offset some of the effect on AAoA.
Message 6 of 12
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

You might not hate the score change that much.
Message 7 of 12
tiger67
Regular Contributor

update:

CWCD,

You were right. The score drop was not that bad, 723 down to 716. It has taken until last week for all to report and my score has returned to 740 (was 743 before discover reported with 12% indvidual util 11/30). The fall was eased slightly by 3 inquiries falling off 10/31. In the meantime, I couldn't resist and applied for an AmEx Blue. It should report any day with an opening date of 10/1988. I'm really done this time.Smiley Wink

Message Edited by tiger67 on 12-04-2009 10:25 AM
Message 8 of 12
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@tiger67 wrote:

update:

CWCD,

You were right. The score drop was not that bad, 723 down to 716. It has taken until last week for all to report and my score has returned to 740 (was 743 before discover reported with 12% indvidual util 11/30). The fall was eased slightly by 3 inquiries falling off 10/31. In the meantime, I couldn't resist and applied for an AmEx Blue. It should report any day with an opening date of 10/1988. I'm really done this time.Smiley Wink

Message Edited by tiger67 on 12-04-2009 10:25 AM

Awesome, tiger67!  Congrats!

Message Edited by TangMeister on 12-04-2009 03:51 PM
Message 9 of 12
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@tiger67 wrote:

update:

CWCD,

That's a great job! Outstanding!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.