cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holy crap. Just approved for Discover It card and a couple others.

tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Re: Holy crap. Just approved for Discover It card and a couple others.

@Razeus wrote:

Done.

Approved, but only for $1,000.  The rep said I can request an increase after 60 days.  Good enough for me.  I'll be calling back November 1.  Thanks so much for your help.

Congrats.  Hate to say it, probably would have been higher if you had waited for other cards to report.  However, you might have been rejected from the reduced credit score from lower AAoA, inquiries, # of new accounts, etc.

Here is positive thing.  One you can earn bonuses right away.  Amex CLI policy is great.  in 61 days, ask for the full CLI to 3k.  In 6 more months, ask for the full 3X to 9k.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 11 of 43
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the tips man.  I'm not sweating the CL because frankly, I'M IN WITH AMERICAN EXPRESS, after years of trying.  With 2 cards to boot!  Yes, I'll be asking for CLI's every  60 days until I feel I'm at a good place, mostly likely $9-12k. 

Now I just need to drop my "sub-prime" low limit cards.  I may keep the Capital One since I've had that for over a decade, but I need to see what I can do about getting out of that lame annual fee.  I may call them and see if they get me a different product...Smiley Wink

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 12 of 43
SpiceIslander
Frequent Contributor

Congratuations! Excellent limit from Discover.

Meg.

FICO: 4/2016 - TU 841 | EQ 840 | EX 837

FNBO 23,600 | Amex SPG 13,900 | Amex BCP 13,400 | Barclays/Sallie Mae13,000 | Discover IT 12,500 | Lowes 10,000 | PLOC 9,300 | NASA FCU 8,700 | Citi Simplicity 6,200 | BOA Platinum+ 6,000 | Achieva CU 5,500 | Chase CSP 5,000 | Sam's Club 3,000 | Sears 900
Message 13 of 43
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Thanks.  Next year, I'm going for the Chase Sapphire Preferred.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 14 of 43
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Awesome! And Congrats. Do you know what your credit scores were? I was wondering what your highest credit limit was before you got all these new ones, if u don't mind sharing lolSmiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 15 of 43
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

My highest was 696 via TU.  Lowest was 650 at EX.

My highest limit is $1300 with CapOne.

My Wallet:
Message 16 of 43
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Razeus wrote:

Thanks for the tips man.  I'm not sweating the CL because frankly, I'M IN WITH AMERICAN EXPRESS, after years of trying.  With 2 cards to boot!  Yes, I'll be asking for CLI's every  60 days until I feel I'm at a good place, mostly likely $9-12k. 

Now I just need to drop my "sub-prime" low limit cards.  I may keep the Capital One since I've had that for over a decade, but I need to see what I can do about getting out of that lame annual fee.  I may call them and see if they get me a different product...Smiley Wink

Congratulations!   Amex has good CLI policies so don't sweat it.

Nice limits on Discover and Chase Smiley Happy  Grats on Zync as well.  Nice line up there buddy!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 17 of 43
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Razeus wrote:

Remember only first CLI is 61 days.  Then it is 6 months after approval and 3 months after denial.  But definitely take advantage of it.  Never know when you will need that extra CL to help utilization.

Message 18 of 43
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

ahhh....got it.

Let me mark this on my calendar then.

My Wallet:
Message 19 of 43
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Razeus wrote:

My highest was 696 via TU.  Lowest was 650 at EX.

My highest limit is $1300 with CapOne.

Are those FICO scores or FAKOs.

Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.