Did you mean: 

Holy smokes Capital One!

tag
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Holy smokes Capital One!

@Mekitcat wrote:

Yeah I want some of that luv too!

As soon as I read your post, I logged onto my account hoping I got luv too... but no Smiley Sad ( wonder if others looked too lol )

Smiley Very Happy

Guilty here.

Message 11 of 26
minimock
Frequent Contributor

@Mekitcat wrote:

Yeah I want some of that luv too!

As soon as I read your post, I logged onto my account hoping I got luv too... but no Smiley Sad ( wonder if others looked too lol )

I did to, and I pushed that sadistic modify your features button again for the 1000nd time LOL

Message 12 of 26
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Well, they didn't give me CLI (still $750). But yesterday I received an offer from Capital One saying that if I use their card on Office Depot for $75 or above, there will be a $20 off.

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ditched my cap1 for a while and never looked back. Congrat to those who get LUV. I just can't wait stucking in $500 limit without any rewards.

Message 14 of 26
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

Sad thing is that certain accounts types cannot be increased past a certain amount anyway. The first card I got while rebuilding cannot go past 1k, but my rewards card can go up to 3k. So even if I receive a CLI it will only be 500 bucks on my oldest card.

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@unlucky_hove wrote:

Sad thing is that certain accounts types cannot be increased past a certain amount anyway. The first card I got while rebuilding cannot go past 1k, but my rewards card can go up to 3k. So even if I receive a CLI it will only be 500 bucks on my oldest card.

I have heard of anything like that. How would you know what type of account you had and how much you were able to  recieve CLI too?

Message 16 of 26
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@unlucky_hove wrote:

I have heard of anything like that. How would you know what type of account you had and how much you were able to  recieve CLI too?

You can call and speak to a CSR, just ask them what is the credit line range for your account (or the maximum CL your card could have). Generally the rebuilders with $59 AF range is $250-$1000, the $39 AF is $250-$3000 (not sure about the others). You cannot find out how much of a CLI you will receive, or even if you will get one. In my case, my CL is $500 now but my account type will only go up to 1k, so if i get an increase the maximum I will receive is another $500.

Message 17 of 26
mauve
Valued Contributor

My CapitalOne is so sockdrawered I don't know where it is. 

I use it to pay my cell phone bill.  Automatically.  Then I pay it off in full.  Those $0.20 will come in handy as an annual credit.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 26
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

I checked mine too, no dice!

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Plantinum Mastercard with the yucky rate of 24.95%  Although that doesn't matter to me right now because I PIF every month.  I'm really excited about the automatic CLI that I got though!

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.