Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Credit Interest after closure

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Home Credit Interest after closure

As many of you may know Home Credit shut down earlier this year. I still owed $640 of my $100 CL. I recently paid it off and full and I noticed on my next statement they had me with a balance of $12 in interest. I don't know why it bothered me but I didn't want to pay the $12. I called and asked them to waive the fee. The next day they credited my account. 

I know I was being petty lol. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Home Credit Interest after closure

I'm a little confused here, you were bothered because they closed the card, so you asked interest on unpaid balance be waived? 

After card is closed, terms are preserved. You'd owe that amount in interest regardless if card is opened or closed. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I was bother because I paid it in full and they want to still charge me more interest after. 

Message 3 of 4
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

If you had been carrying a balance, that's within the rules.  Google the phrase "trailing interest."

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.