Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot .. Approval

tag
butterflyblu
New Contributor

Home Depot .. Approval

My husband and I went to Home Depot to look at bathroom vanities and carpeting, we found the carpet we liked and were setting up a day and time for the person to come and measure our home.  The sales lady asked if we wanted to apply for the credit card we could get 10% off the carpet if we were approved, so I did and I was approved for $1000.00 on the spot. 

I have wanted a Home Depot card for so long but my credit was never good enough and now it is! 

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Elated
Contributor

Re: Home Depot .. Approval

Hi Butterfly,

First off, I'd like to say congrats to you on your approval for the Home Depot Credit Card! Smiley Happy I have always wanted one of those myself. I received a pre-approved offer in the mail from them last month and had until Oct. 20th to apply; I didn't however because I am in the middle of the mortgage process. I will be closing on my new home in January.

I have a Lowe's CC already, and have had it for approximately 6 years already, but would love to have a Home Depot one.

If you don't mind my asking, what was your score and what CR did they pull?

Again, congrats!!!Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 20
ontop
Regular Contributor

Good shot! Very happy for u Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 547
Current FICO Score: TU 747, EQ 732, EX 742 [10/2014]
Goal FICO Score: 777
Message 3 of 20
JMN
Frequent Contributor

You should call in and ask for a higher limit. When I applied, I was initially approved with Home Depot for $5,000. It was more than enough for what I needed, but I called in to see if I could get it increased.

They increased my limit, without question, to $17,000.

From what I've seen in CB.com's credit pulls database is that they're very good with increasing limits on new cards. And no new hard pull needed!

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 4 of 20
Regular Contributor

Sorry for the drift but............JMN who is cb.com?

EQ 7/19/13 796
TU 04/29/13 784
EX 06/17/13 849
28 years credit history
17 years AAoA

CIT $15,900 BEST BUY $11,800 DISCOVER $10,000 LOWES $10,000 SEARS/MC $7,200 BELKS $5,700 JC PENNY $2,400 CHASE $5,900 AMX GOLD PR $NPSL AMX/BCP $11,200 SHELL/CITI/MC $80.00 (LMAO)
Message 5 of 20
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats...

Message 6 of 20
butterflyblu
New Contributor

Thanks everybody it seems they pulled experian.  I was thinking they pulled TU but don't see inquiry on there as of this morning.

Message 7 of 20
Booner72
Senior Contributor

DH applied for Home Depot card online just now.  He's working out of town and needed tools and payday isn't until friday, sooo 

He was only approved for 500.00, they pulled EX, and his score (100-900 so I know it's not a FICO) was 716.  He's going to ask for more tomorrow at the store.  ( He refused to wait and apply there in case he was denied).

FYI for anyone who wants to know who they pull.

And FYI, back in August he was denied at HD but approved at Lowe's.  Lowe's is now getting sock drawered.

And he is irritated at all these questions, I told him it was for the greater good to get the details.  Smiley Happy

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 8 of 20
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

DH applied for Home Depot card online just now.  He's working out of town and needed tools and payday isn't until friday, sooo 

He was only approved for 500.00, they pulled EX, and his score (100-900 so I know it's not a FICO) was 716.  He's going to ask for more tomorrow at the store.  ( He refused to wait and apply there in case he was denied).

FYI for anyone who wants to know who they pull.

And FYI, back in August he was denied at HD but approved at Lowe's.  Lowe's is now getting sock drawered.

And he is irritated at all these questions, I told him it was for the greater good to get the details.  Smiley Happy

Congrats on the new card!

When we closed on our home I applied for Home Depot in store and was approved for $1500.  I remembered the threads here saying if you call the backdoor number you can have them increase the CL.  So I called and they asked what limit I needed.  I was a bit nervous so I said $3000.  They put me on hold, came back and said it was approved. (Should have said $5000. LOL)

You should have Hubby give them a call.  I believe the number I used is in the backdoor numbers listed above.

FYI...for me they pulled EQ.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@butterflyblu wrote:

My husband and I went to Home Depot to look at bathroom vanities and carpeting, we found the carpet we liked and were setting up a day and time for the person to come and measure our home.  The sales lady asked if we wanted to apply for the credit card we could get 10% off the carpet if we were approved, so I did and I was approved for $1000.00 on the spot. 

I have wanted a Home Depot card for so long but my credit was never good enough and now it is! 

Congrats!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.