Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot Apps

tag
CreditControl
Contributor

Home Depot Apps

While I am on a roll I thought I would share a bit of the recent app spree I just did for DH.  We need to replace the carpet in our home and he wanted the Home Depot card since it comes with various 0% offers.  He was approved online for $1250 but that wasn't going to cut it.  Armed with the history and info of people doing immediate Recons with Home Depot, I prepared a script for him and dialed the back door number.  He was increased to $5500 within 5 minutes.  The rep told him $1250 is the most they will go with an online app - not sure how accurate that is but that was their story and regardless, the limit was increased!!

Also approved for US Bank Harley Davidson two weeks ago and Chase Slate today - both at 6k.  He's done with new apps for quite awhile with these cards joining his AMEX Gold Delta.

He has less than 5% util (way better than me) and 720 scores.

CSP - 11,000 Chase Freedom 12,000; AMEX Delta Gold 2,000; AMEX Delta Platinum (AU) 15,000; Discover IT 9,500; BOA Cash Rewards 30,000; AMEX BCE 9,900; Belk 7,000; Macys 7,000; Lane Bryant 3,600; HH Gregg 3,000; Care Credit; 7,200; Bloomingdale's 3,000
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Home Depot Apps

@CreditControl wrote:

While I am on a roll I thought I would share a bit of the recent app spree I just did for DH.  We need to replace the carpet in our home and he wanted the Home Depot card since it comes with various 0% offers.  He was approved online for $1250 but that wasn't going to cut it.  Armed with the history and info of people doing immediate Recons with Home Depot, I prepared a script for him and dialed the back door number.  He was increased to $5500 within 5 minutes.  The rep told him $1250 is the most they will go with an online app - not sure how accurate that is but that was their story and regardless, the limit was increased!!

Also approved for US Bank Harley Davidson two weeks ago and Chase Slate today - both at 6k.  He's done with new apps for quite awhile with these cards joining his AMEX Gold Delta.

Congrats 

Question tho He's done or your done Lol

Helpful info on the CLI recon vs online

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 7
CreditControl
Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@CreditControl wrote:

Congrats 

Question tho He's done or your done Lol

Helpful info on the CLI recon vs online

Ha! He is WAY more conservative with credit than me (and it shows) so this was MAJOR for him....Now I just sit back and watch everything grow Smiley LOL

CSP - 11,000 Chase Freedom 12,000; AMEX Delta Gold 2,000; AMEX Delta Platinum (AU) 15,000; Discover IT 9,500; BOA Cash Rewards 30,000; AMEX BCE 9,900; Belk 7,000; Macys 7,000; Lane Bryant 3,600; HH Gregg 3,000; Care Credit; 7,200; Bloomingdale's 3,000
Message 3 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Good answer and welcome to the forumSmiley LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 7
Express
Frequent Contributor

CreditControl wrote:

While I am on a roll I thought I would share a bit of the recent app spree I just did for DHWe need to replace the carpet in our home and he wanted the Home Depot card since it comes with various 0% offersHe was approved online for $1250 but that wasn't going to cut itArmed with the history and info of people doing immediate Recons with Home Depot, I prepared a script for him and dialed the back door numberHe was increased to $5500 within 5 minutesThe rep told him $1250 is the most they will go with an online app - not sure how accurate that is but that was their story and regardless, the limit was increased!!

Also approved for US Bank Harley Davidson two weeks ago and Chase Slate today - both at 6kHe's done with new apps for quite awhile with these cards joining his AMEX Gold Delta.

Congrats! To the both of you ! Smiley Very Happy The Backdoor Numbers are great!!

CL $408,200
Message 5 of 7
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

Go HD!
"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 6 of 7
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@CreditControl wrote:

OP - Though I'm not 100% sure about Home Depot's policies, I can see that max initial approval "cap" they have.

At JCP, the in-store applications only have a max approval of $2000. Of course, since I am also an associate who knows the value of recons, just in case I come across a customer who maybe is looking to buy furniture to utilize the discount and 12 month 0% financing, or wishes to purchase an exorbitant amount of household goods, I can always dial up the credit hotline Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.