Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot CLI questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Home Depot CLI questions

I was approved for Home Depot Card in early June 2020. So ive only had it less than 2 months. It started with $750 limit and I did an immediate recon call at the store asking for an increase, which was denied. My question is, how long should I expect to wait before being bold enough to ask for a CLI? Is Citi generous with CLIs on HD Card?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Home Depot CLI questions

@Anonymous wrote:

I was approved for Home Depot Card in early June 2020. So ive only had it less than 2 months. It started with $750 limit and I did an immediate recon call at the store asking for an increase, which was denied. My question is, how long should I expect to wait before being bold enough to ask for a CLI? Is Citi generous with CLIs on HD Card?

I personally would wait 6 months from card opening to ask for a CLI, It will most likely be a HP.

The Amount of the CLI depends on your credit profile.

Message 2 of 13
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Sorry for the instant No, but I do agree 6 month minimum (especially with things going on if they rejected your initial request)   Good Luck when you do ask hopefully it is smooth sailing for you

Message 3 of 13
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Technically, you can ask for an CLI at 30 days from card opening, but since you were denied already, Its 6 months from when the CC was opened.
Message 4 of 13
trubliever82
Regular Contributor

I recommend calling backdoor numbers always. Especially if you have decent credit. You hardly get anything from regular cs number or store. I'd call credit analyst. Got my card to $50k or $60k (can't remember) from calling analyst. Started at $750 to I think. I would ask for $10k-$15k every 6 months. I tell them I have some home improvements and it generally works for a decent increase.

Home Depot Store Card: 800-677-0232 (Credit Analyst)
Home Depot Store Card: 423 467 6957 (App Status/Recon

Message 5 of 13
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I personally would wait 6 months from card opening to ask for a CLI, It will most likely be a HP.

The Amount of the CLI depends on your credit profile.

yup yup

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the credit analyst number. I'm going to give that a try. Truth is, I do have home improvement projects I'm trying to do on a house my wife and I closed on last month. That's why I apped for and got the card in the first place. So, I'll try. I've also, made some payments in the close to two months I've had the card and I recently paid the balance completely off. I'll check back in after I call and let you all know how it went. Thanks everyone. 

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @Anonymous -

Did you try that credit analyst number immediately? Or were you planning to wait until January?  I was wondering how things turned out since it seems your scores are in the 800s and yet you were offered such a minor CL? Did you get enough to actually help your reno? 

Message 8 of 13
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

So I'm in the same boat as you, yet my scores are 700ish. I applied for Home Depot and Lowes the day I closed on my house. HD gave me $500 and Lowes gave me $400. Home Depot CLI's are always a HP, and Lowes is always a SP right thru the account management page. As of today, Home Depot won't budge whatsoever. Lowes on the other hand, upped me 15x my limit on the 61st. I hit the CLI button soon as the 2nd statement cut and they brought me to $6K. 

Just some data points if you don't mind Lowes. Personally, I like shopping their better than the Depot. Good luck 

Message 9 of 13
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

HD -> Citi Retail Services

Lowes -> Synchrony

The HD card follows the stereotypical Citi pattern of being conservative with SL and with CLIs.

The Lowe's card however is comparatively easy to get CLIs even by Synchrony's standards.

IMO most of the substantive value to be derived from the HD card comes from ones ability to leverage the occasional 10% off (capped) coupon and the 0% financing promos.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.