Did you mean: 

Home Depot Credit Limit Decrease - Mistake

tag
NichelleN
Established Contributor

Home Depot Credit Limit Decrease - Mistake

Hello smart people of myFICO -

Story:

I've had a Home Depot credit card for just over a year. The credit limit was $7K. I rarely used it but decided to take advantage of the offer of 24 months interest fee financing being mailed to me on a weekly basis, it seemed. I purchased a generator and 2 other items online. When I logged on to pay the bill, I noticed that one of the items was 24 months, yet the others were 12 months. I called customer service who said it was a mistake and would be fixed within 2 statements. And, it was. I then went in to make another payment and noticed that my credit limit was then reduced to $3,200. I called again and was told that it was another mistake and they'd fix it. I called tonight to follow up since the statement cuts in a couple of days. I was told it will take weeks to resolve.

Questions:

Has anyone else had any strange activity with Home Depot?

If other creditors see a credit limit decrease, does this cause them to react negatively?

A reduction of $3800 isn't going to impact my utilization percentage as credit limits total ~$200k. I do have balances on cards now that are on interest free promos. Scores are in the low to mid 700's

I just don't want a 'mistake' to impact other accounts.

Thanks

More than enough credit.
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.