cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot card CLI requested - hard pull - no answer???

tag
txbradybunch
Valued Member

Home Depot card CLI requested - hard pull - no answer???

I have been working on bringing up my score by cleaning up some med collections, and getting my util % in a better place.  (Maxed out almost ALL cards when relocating last year.)  I have made as much progress as I can right now via cash (paying down) and tried to improve the % artificially with requesting CLI. 

Lowe's was great $1,400 increase immediately online.

Home Depot online request told me they would let me know...... did a hard inquiry on me - and I have yet to receive an answer.  What the heck????

So - I assume I am going to get a "thanks but no thanks" letter anytime.  Does it help to call and ask for reconsideration?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
txbradybunch
Valued Member

Re: Home Depot card CLI requested - hard pull - no answer???

Ok - I was right - the rejection letter was in today's mail.....

So please anyone - tell me the script for when I call and ask for reconsideration?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a $500 CL going on two years and I refuse to ask for  a CLI and get that hard for nothing. The trick is to request CLI from people who do soft.. HD clearly says they do an hard and in this credit climate I wouldn't ask them for one. I ask BoA for a CLI on my Amex every month for the past 6 months and all I get are rejection letters but all soft so no biggie.

Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If you are carrying a balance on HD, they are SUPER great about giving auto CLI to allow you to charge more.  I have never paid interest on my account and have seen I believe 4 CLI over the years.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.