Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot

tag
jose06
Valued Member

Home Depot

I opened a Home Depot 18 months ago with an initial credit line of $500. Does any one know what I have to do in order to get some sort of an increase. I've kept the balance relatively low at about $150. This month the bill is gonna close at $0. The only bad thing thats killin me is late payments from this crazy mortgage that I have.
Anyone know what I coild do to get an increase.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Home Depot

IF these lates are recent it's gonna be tough- you are going to need 12 months of clean payments on all accounts.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do a hard pull when you ask for a CLI, fyi
Message 3 of 7
jose06
Valued Member

They claim that if I use the automated service over the phone it will not be a hard pull. I don't think I'll take that chance. I asked the rep what what happen if I get a hard pull and was told that I was not supposed to get one and if I did I could have it removed, which sounds a little iffy to me.
Message 4 of 7
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

Home Depot will definitely do a hard pull for any CLI request. I called in and requested and the CSR assured me that no hard pull would be done. They did not approve my request; the reason was not enough time at my current CL ($5,000).

The next morning I pulled my TU report and sure enough; a hard pull. Showed up as CBUSA.
Message 5 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

My experience with home depot, has been anytime there was a balance on the account, every 6 months they auto cli. but lates on the account will probably cancel out any cli.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Homedepot is pretty good about credit limit increases
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.