Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot

tag
stpn2me
Frequent Contributor

Home Depot

Hello Everyone,

Today, I looked around my house and said, "I need a storage shed". Me and DW went to Lowe's in fayetteville first and saw their paltry selection and blue surroundings and decided to check out Home Depot. Well, surprise, surprise! Seems like everyone and their mother was at HD checking out these units they have sitting outside. Lowe's only had about 7 in their selection, HD had at least 15 to 20 choices ranging from tin sheds to what looked like huge barns! (It actually had an upstairs!). Well, what does this have to do with credit cards? Of course when I went to pay, they asked if I wanted their card, app'ed it, approved at 0.0% APR for the first few purchases, 10% off first purchase at activation, 21% on purchases otherwise, $4,000 CL. The shed was about $900 total with the 10% off. I wont use this card until I buy a house once we retire and I leave bragg, but the terms of this card was pretty nice. The service at HD was so nice and the selection was awesome. Lowe's just looks like it costs more and we couldn't find a sales rep...

Stpn2me

TU - 677 EQ - 668 EX - 673 as of 12 Jan 08 (Inq hits)

TU - 673 EQ - 672 EX - 669 as of 13 Nov 2015
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Home Depot

Well, I suppose we should scold you, because you said that you were done app'ing, but you lucked into a good one. Home Depot is Citi, and they seem to be very generous with CLI's, and they have great CC customer service. The Lowe's card is mishandled by GEMB, and a contractor told me that they are a nightmare to deal with, as they are very slow to update your account with payments and so forth.

I used to prefer Lowe's to HD, but now in my area, the HD customer service is much better. I just put in not quite $9K worth of new mahogany flooring and new carpeting from HD. It got a bit adventurous, but everyone was very good-natured and got the job done, and I think I'm on a first-name basis with half the install people on the Eastern seaboard.

Sheesh, everyone is going for my cards! Three more months... Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Yep. HD/Citi combination seems to be very good. Good service and Generous CL. My DW got a card with $20K CL. My biz got a HD Biz card with good CL too.
Message 3 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Red1Blue wrote:
Yep. HD/Citi combination seems to be very good. Good service and Generous CL. My DW got a card with $20K CL. My biz got a HD Biz card with good CL too.

Hi, concorduser, did she get the HD store card or the HD Rewards MasterCard?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 6
stpn2me
Frequent Contributor

Yes,

I should be scolded, but this is a card that I think I will truly use. Once I buy a house, I think this card will come in handy. I think it was worth the Inq....

Stpn2me
TU - 673 EQ - 672 EX - 669 as of 13 Nov 2015
Message 5 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

If that is the case, I think it is worth it. However new account could dilute the age of accounts and reduce the score.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.