Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot

tag
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: Home Depot

@Trigga wrote:

Bite the bullet today i didnt really wanna app for anything for atleast 6 months but then i came home to a BROKEN dryer !!! It seems like its never ending with the stuff that can happen in a eye blink for you to come up with more money and fast ! So i apped for Home Depot online ....i got the msg to call in for a review , i call in and iw as approved for only $500 limit ...i told the rep wow thats pretty low i was hoping to use this card for a new washer and dryer ..she then put me in touch with a rep that does CLI and after explaining to her why i wanted a higher limit she put me on hold and came back with ...well sir i have good news for you , your approved for $2750 ! May not be alot to some of you but y highest limit is 3.5k   ...so this is a nice limit for me to start !Smiley Wink

Sorry to read about the circumstances but CONGRATS on your success!  And even more so since you got that nice CLI from that $500 initial limit. 

Home Depot can be very good to you in the future, if you manage the account wisely.  And I think it's wise of you to only replace the dryer (the temptation may be there to get a matching set!).  Pay that off as soon as you can and let the card age some.  They will send you promos all the time, saying something to the effect that, if you make a purchase of $299 or more, we will automatically increase your credit limit to $XXXX (fill in the blank!).  They did this to me recently, telling me that they would bump me up significantly from my current $9750 limit (I think it was $11,500 they were gonna give me, I don't recall exactly -- I didn't take it).

Message 11 of 23
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

Home Depot-my favorite...actually only store card.
"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 12 of 23
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 23
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats! This seems to be one of Citi's most easily managable accounts!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 14 of 23
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Congrats!! I love my Home Depot card. They have 0% interest deals ALL the time! I had to get a card with them a few months ago for some things I needed and they had only approved me for 1k. I called them immediately and asked for more. I requested 3k and it was approved. Very painless and I hope it will be the same for future cli's with them!  Cat Very Happy

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 15 of 23
0errant
New Contributor

Congratulations!

I love my HD card, and all of the 0% offers that always seem to be there when I need them Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 528
Current Score:840 DISC, 788 EFX, 849 TRU, 850 XPN
Goal Score: 850+ for all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 23
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

I think it's a good idea to have a card on hand that has 0% financing options; emergencies don't always come at the most finacially convenient time. So congrats on your approval and getting the CL to a usable level. Enjoy your new dryer. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 17 of 23
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Did a CLI and got the 7-10 business days.. sheesh. I guess it's because I asked for 1.5 times my limit? lol Lowes tripled my limit, so I thought I was being cautious.

(I love Home Depot -- would rather have a larger limit there than Lowes.) 

Message 18 of 23
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

NVM! Just got credit karma alert.. it was approved. yay. got 3k cli to 5k. Smiley Happy lowes is at 6k but that's ok! Smiley Very Happy Thanks myFico forums! You guys continually inspire me to do my CLIs. I know I'm in the garden, but it feels like I'm cheating! lol I love SPs!
Message 19 of 23
Mellon
Established Contributor

@KennyS2006 wrote:
NVM! Just got credit karma alert.. it was approved. yay. got 3k cli to 5k. Smiley Happy lowes is at 6k but that's ok! Smiley Very Happy Thanks myFico forums! You guys continually inspire me to do my CLIs. I know I'm in the garden, but it feels like I'm cheating! lol I love SPs!

Congrats.. I like HD (been stuck at 1k since 2011)...but in terms of CLI Lowes has been amazing.. started at $500 with them in 2011..now I am sitting at $7500

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.