Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hooter's CLI

tag
NICKI183
Established Contributor

Re: Hooter's CLI

ok...will keep you posted...
Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 11 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told by a rep if you don't receive an auto CLI in 6 months to call and ask for 1. The inquiry being hard are soft I think it depends on what rep u talk to on the phone.
Message 12 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nick, I don't know if this helps, but I woke up out of my credit coma in Feb.2007 with a TU score of 521. That's when I committed to getting credit healthy....and the date of my last 30 day late. I pulled ALL my cc's out of my wallet, put them in an envelope, and put the envelope in my sock drawer. I didn't use ANY cc's for 3 months.

My utils were around 85%-90%. I went to the bank, withdrew some money from savings, and applied that money to my outstanding cc debt. I did that for 4 months running.

By July, 2007 my scores rose to 681 with TU.

I had 34 lates at that time....all 30 days. 3 collections, 1 charge off, and several items in public records(the PR's are still there, but getting older.)

Amounts owed accounts for a full 30% of your FICO scores. That's ingrained in my mind.
To this day, I still look at it every day, what Hauling calls the "dreaded pie chart of death" in the Credit Education section of the menu bar.
Message 13 of 46
NICKI183
Established Contributor

Sylvia your correct. Last night I had an "awakening" where I sat on the bed and looked at my mountain of credit cards. Some from my DH as I am an authorized user and the ones I acquired by myself. I don't have high CL's on the cards I have so I can pay them off quick. However, with the new cards I have acquired in the last few days I could easily get into trouble. I by reading I know that you should keep either a zero or 10% balance on the cards and pay them off before they update the CRA's. I am slowly becomed CC educated as to the do's and don'ts. I will only be using my new Discover Direct Platinum through HSBC at Sam's Club because they accept it. I will pay off my Cap 1 and the others in no time. Its no sense of having money in the bank if you have outstanding debt/bills. I plan on doing the right thing this time around. Thanks for the advice. Anything positive/negative that people have to offer is helpful. It is all according to what you do with the information after receipt of it.
Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 14 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good for you Nicki! You are in the correct mindest to do well! It's a matter of self discipline, fully realizing what disastrous trouble you could get into if you went hog wild on them. Smiley Happy

Keep up the good work. Keep the cards squeaky clean, and LOTS more good things will begin to happen for you.

Me discovering this forum and becoming involved has helped me become a financially responsible person. More so than I've ever been in my life. Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 46
NICKI183
Established Contributor

This Hooters decision is really getting to me.  I am so inpatient! Out of all the cards that I have gotten this week,this one is very important to me and I don't know why.
With an itchy trigger finger I called Merrick directly ( the number provided to me through a thread).  I spoke with a nice CSR who stated that my application is still in review.
I boldly asked, " If you were going to really deny my application it would have been done with the intial response or by now its been six days."  He said usually that is the case deny initially or before the seven days are up so you can get a response.  He said the decision has not been made.

They cant tell at this time that the other four cards were approved?  The suspense is killing me. 

It would be a real cool conversation piece to pull out a HOOTERS card to pay for my purchase.  Also, reviewing the website the gifts are really cool to.

I still wait....will keep you posted hopefully I get an early Christmas present..If so " NO MORE APPS"
Message 16 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for you! Good Luck! Smiley Happy
Message 17 of 46
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

NICKI183  have try to call this number  801 545-6705  They have an office here in  SALT LAKE CITY,UTAH ,and i hope you will hear a good news from them . Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump...

anyone with any CLI automatic Hooters card?
did you call?
how much was your increase?

Message 19 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hooter's CC

Hello, I am a new and have a lot of questions but I figure I will read a ton of threads before I post a ton of questions. BUT I do want to know why is a Hooters CC "Better" than other credit cards? Is it because they will issue to people with lower scores or is it because they actually treat their customers decent, or both? Finding this forum is the best thing I could have done for my personal finances. Thanks.
Message 20 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.