Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hooters Card sucks...hello sock drawer

tag
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Hooters Card sucks...hello sock drawer

Hooters has the WORST customer service ever.

Long story short- $100 was charged to my card and was meant to be refunded as the services were never received. Credit never came, I disputed with Hooters and wrote the company asking where my refund was.

Company sends me a letter stating refund is coming. OFFICIAL LETTERHEAD.

Hooters calls me and says they can't issue the credit. I tell them about letter. They tell me to fax as this is what they need to see.

Letter is faxed. 

A couple of days later Hooters takes the $100 out of dispute and puts it back in my balance and NO credit.

I am soooo mad...this situation has been going on for over a month and I still have to pay $100 for nothing. I have spent over $3000 with Hooters and paid in full every single month since I had this card, only a couple of months.

They are not seeing anything more than a pack of gum from me from now on!!!

You can Pi** Off Hooters!!!!

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hooters Card sucks...hello sock drawer

I'm not sure how long it's been  for your sitation but I was just told by BofA yesterday (when I called to inquire about what I would need to do about the halloween costume fiasco I posted about in smorgasboard) that a merchant has 30 days to issue a refund when they state they will issue one. They told me they wouldn't take the dispute until then. If they dispute the charge and then the company follows through with the refund, you'd end up with a double credit and I think that's what the are trying to avoid. How long has it been since all of this started?

Message 2 of 4
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Its been since August!

I am soooo mad right now I can barely type. This is just really really bad customer service I feel.

I almost want to close my account if I am not going to be protected by fraudulent charges but I am going to let the anger subside before I do anything rash.

I mean I complained about this charge to the BBB, attorney general of Texas and the Comptroller of interstate commerce (as per some suggestions). 

For me to end up having to pay this $100 leaves me no faith in the system.

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oooooooooh, yeah, nevermind that then. Wow, that's total crap.

Don't close the card though, you've worked to hard too screw yourself because of someone else's mistake. Besides, closing the card isn't going to recoupe your money and it will likely make it harder to finally get a resolution for this problem. Sorry you are going through this. You are a smart girl with legal knowledge under your belt, I'm sure you can put together a well-worded professional letter to send to their corporate office that will ultimately fix this. Sorry about all the headache they are putting you through. What a nightmare! Good luck.

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 11-01-2008 04:01 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.