Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hooters Credit Card - Overall Credit Card Advice

tag
xkaosx
Regular Contributor

Hooters Credit Card - Overall Credit Card Advice

So I was just approved for a Hooters card with a 25% apr and $300 limit

What is thie usual on credit line increases and such for that card- I havnt received it yet

and dont know if I should activate it.  

I already have an Orchard Secured for $250  which is about a year old now as well as a First Premier $300 and CreditOne $300 unsecured which are about 8 months old.

ALSO - I was just approved for a Cap 1 card with a 500 limit on credit steps (yay!!) 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Woolfman
Established Contributor

Re: Hooters Credit Card - Overall Credit Card Advice

Don't think it matters now . You accepted the offer and if you activate it or not its on your report . I keep reading that they do CLI reviews or give them every 6 months .

While that 25% apr is ridiculous , It could be 100% and still not affect you if you never maintain  a balance . Keep the card . Use it here and there and ALWAYS PIF . 

I currently have a hooters mc  1000.00 CL at like 14% . I only use it once a month for a lunch and i always PIF. With that strategy the APR doesn't come into play 

Message Edited by Woolfman on 06-25-2009 11:52 AM
Message 2 of 12
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Treat Hooters well, they are the only cc that I have that has given me unsolicited credit line increases every 3 months. My initial CL was $500 I think and it is now $1000 in less than a year.

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 12
jsgree02
Established Member

Which CRA does Hooters pull when applying for their card?

Message 4 of 12
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

My Hooters card just reached 9 months old and I got my first CLI--from $500 to $700.  It was completely unexpected.  I have run the balance up close to the max each month I have had the card and then PIF a couple days before the statement date.

I am pretty sure they rely heavily on TU.

Message 5 of 12
xkaosx
Regular Contributor

Yes my pull was from TU
Message 6 of 12
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

I have had Hooters Mastercard for 9 months.  Started with a $1,250.00 credit limit and still at $1,250.00 credit limit.  Never been late, always pay at least 3 X's the minimum each month. But I use the card and am currently at 63% utilization on the card which may be why they havent increased me.  Never asked, but was hoping for a auto increase.
Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Navy Fed MasterCard $3,500
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 7 of 12
Itsmeagain
Established Contributor

I've had the Hooters Mastercard for about 14 mo.  Started at $2800 and 14%.  Remains at $2800 14%.  High bal. $2350.  PIF each month before statement.  I had decided to close this account since it doesn't seen to want to grow.  So, I called them after 12 mo. and got the same speil . . . we review periodically, yada, yada, yada.  Said I wanted to close account.  CSR talked me into waiting a couple more months.  I'm still waiting but not much longer.

Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get $300 CLI every three months like clock work. Don't know why. Kinda wonder when they will stop. This card is getting up there for a Hooters account.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a trash card there's much better re-builder cards out there.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.