Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hooters Master Card

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Hooters Master Card

To my surprise I was approved for a Hooters MC with a 1k limit and no annual fee, I wonder why some people have to pay an annual fee and others don't

Also for those that have a hooters mc do you get strange looks when you use it?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: Hooters Master Card

I didnt get any luv from them about 2 months ago. Do you mind sharing your score? I believe they only pull TU.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brings back good memories. I got denied for that card in April for "Unknown Reasons", and they said that I should have a "good reason" to explain why I need a denial letter. Turns out that I didnt even qualify for their denial letter Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 8
john398
Senior Contributor

My eq is 648 I am not sure what my TU score isd lately but I am pretty sure its a tad better

Message 4 of 8
Datx
Valued Contributor

Great, thanks for the info and congrats on your new card! I'll try them again when my scores are in the mid or higher 600s, hopefully by early next year.

Message 5 of 8
mross1080
Established Contributor

I was approved about 4 or 5 months ago and didnt have an annual fee. I think they have a magic 8ball to determine what apr and fees youll have. And yes the few times ive used it I get strange looks. Except when I use it at hooters of course.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the CL! I got no love from Hooters. I had a 671 TU at the time and got a big ol $300 limit with a $48 AF..what a crock! I don't even use it other than for my monthly scorewatch subscription. I'm pretty sure they just pull out of a hat to determine CL's and AF's. You must have had the lucky draw!! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

I agree, Merrick must pick out AF's from a hat.  Maybe they go with a score range is what determines what fees.  Who knows!

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.